Friday, February 5, 2010

Weigh-In

Disappointingly enough, I only lost a pound this week. One little pound. And that was even with the head start of the fraction over the two pounds I'd lost last week, when I was too lazy to get my reading glasses and 'do the math'. I'd learned to content myself with a two pound a week loss, but ONE POUND! *grumble* *mumble* *rolling eyes* In any case, this brings my weight loss total to six pounds.

I've got three chapters for English, one chapter for psychology, two math problems yet undone, and another paper to write. I'm hoping to get that done today. This is a big weekend. Tonight, we think we're having company for supper. Tomorrow, during the day, I'll help Tim work on a kitchen that he is re-doing. Company coming for supper tomorrow night, although Buddy is bringing the meal in, a 'white lasagna', and I am simply providing a salad and bread to go with it. Church on Sunday morning, and then we're getting together with friends on Sunday for the Superbowl. I am not a football fan, but Marsha and I will have a nice visit while the guys watch their game. Today is the only big chunk of uninterrupted time I've got to get the bulk of my homework done. What I am doing on the internet drinking coffee and discussing my weight with you fine folks, I don't know. Let me get my hinder in gear.

13 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

The rule of thumb is that it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound. So average weight loss will be between 1/2 to 2 lbs a week with the the recommended middle ground being 1 lb.

You are on track (Hurray you!!), cutting more calories will only be artificial and difficult to sustain.

Kelly said...

You know, Debby, that slow weight-loss is the best weight-loss. A pound a week is really quite healthy. Patience!!

I'm not a football fan, either... but considering I only live a matter of miles from the Louisiana border, it's hard not to get caught up in the excitement this year.

Karen said...

As you know all too well: take it one day at a time! The weight will come off slowly but gradually, and it sounds like you're doing it the RIGHT way. Many people don't, or they get impatient and give up too soon. Hang in there, Debby.

Have a great weekend with friends!

WhiteStone said...

I hope you have your hinder in gear by now. Hinders need to keep moving if you want weight loss. (snicker)

As for weight loss? I'd settle for a pound a week. I think I am past the holiday season munching and seem to be satisfied eating sensibly these days. So I'm hoping for a pound or two myself.

BTW, do you remember the old saying, "A pint's a pound, the world around"? For every pound you lose, you've eliminated a pound of fat. When you think of it that way, that's pretty self-motivating! That means 1 ounce loss equates to 2 Tablespoons of fat gone! Cool. Wayyyy cool!

WhiteStone said...

Ooops..."for every pound you lose, you've eliminated a PINT of fat."

Man, why can't one edit one's comment without having to add an addendum!

steviewren said...

Maybe you've encountered the menopausal effect of slow weight loss...just another of nature's nasty little tricks that she plays on us poor women of a 'certain' age. And like White Stone...I'd settle for a pound a week myself. You'll get there. I'm sure of it.

BUSH BABE said...

Right - you have inspired me. Am going to weigh myself now for a 'starting' number. (Which shall remain undisclosed!). Please bring smelling salts in five minutes...

Bob said...

Remember, you are going in the right direction! Slow and steady, steady and slow . . .

Kerry ABOUT ME said...

I am also trying to drop some pounds. If I get rid of 1 pound a week that is actually a pretty good week for me. Progress is still progress! Hope you can get all your homework done and some r&r in for the weekend!

Donna said...

Well, I think you beat me by one pound. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Mary and Kelly are right. The faster you lose weight, the quicker you put it back on, plus more. Slow weight loss tends to stay off.
Cheers, DavidM

Debby said...

DavidM ~ that is about the nicest thought ever! That it will be gone forever. *sigh*

You all are very good cheerleaders. You can join me if you like.

Interesting side note: This new job? On the days that I work, between that and school, I'm walking a consistant 6 1/2 miles.

Bill of Wasilla said...

A pound this week, a pound next... 20 weeks... 20 pounds. 100 weeks... big trouble.