Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pringles of Scotland

I went shopping. I always pop in to the Goodwill to see what they have on the 29 cent rack. Today was also 50% off. What can I say. We're frugal in this house.

Anyways, I found this on the 29 cent rack.

Blew my mind.

A Novel Woman had just posted their little advertisement. It was the funniest darn thing and I laughed myself stupid over it.

Now I have a Pringle 'jumper' of my own. It has no wear, and is plain brown and very soft. And to think that I'd've had no idea what it was except that I read a blog. I also bought a Liz Claiborne buttondown shirt, white with blue stripes, and a new 'WPSU Listener Supported Public Radio' long sleeved black tee. I bought Tim one pair of Land's End pants, and a pair of Ralph Lauren Black Label dress pants. The only thing that shows wear at all is the Land's End khakis, but he likes that brand and they will be good for working in. Total expenditure, 73 cents. When Tim tried the pants on at home, he found a quarter in the back pocket.

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Your shopping skills amaze me!!! What a haul for only 73 cents. I'm very impressed!

WhiteStone said...

Tell him to put that quarter in the ash tray of your car. You'll need it next trip to Aldi's grocery store.

I thank God for all those good folk who buy high-end brand-name items and donate them to Goodwill or sell them on next spring's yard sale. They contribute mightily to my economic budget.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I think I need to pay a visit to the Goodwill store. I've been missing out on the good deals!

WhiteStone said...

P.S. Now we ALL know about Pringle jumpers and they'll be selling like hotcakes at places like Goodwill! I hope I find mine first! Er, I guess, second. Debby's first.

BUSH BABE said...

I need to look in a different thrift store...

BUSH BABE said...

I need to look in a different thrift store...

A Novel Woman said...

YAY!!!! I Love this story! Go Pringles!

I have a confession...I buy from our local Goodwill all the time, but I also donate as much as I buy. I go for books mostly, and old-fashioned glassware and bowls to use to store food. I just love old things. And my kids have bought good furniture to put in their apartments as they get settled. Our local shop is run by the Victorian Order of Nurses, Canada's largest charitable home and community care organization and they've been so successful, they now have three shops. It's a win/win for everyone.

I still can't believe you found a Pringles jumper....this made my day. :)

Bob said...

I go for the books too and then I give them back. Along with our library's quarterly book sale, it's the best way to buy books.

The Factory said...

And there isn't much made in the British Isles anymore. Treasure that, it'll be unique one day.

Jayne said...

Crikey, your charity shops are decently priced AND have great bargains!
Fab finds, well done :)

Lydia said...

How awsome is that! Love the comment about the quarter WhiteStone! LOL