Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Making the Grade

That psychology test last week? I missed one, so I got a 97%. So it was not a perfect paper, but it was good. She also gave us a pop quiz, but assigned us to work in a group. My group got a 9.5 out of 10. I got three papers handed back in another class. 24/25, 25/25, and a 20 out of a possible 20 points on an essay. The teacher also wrote a very nice comment about how she loves my attitude, how much she enjoyed reading the essay, and how very proud she'll be of me on my graduation day. Wasn't that nice? I was really touched by that. School is going so well that I'm almost afraid. Really. I mean it's early on, and I'm sure that I'm going to have bad days too, but really, I love school. I'm really, really enjoying it, and I did not expect that, not at all.

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to go!!! You're off to a fantastic start!

Scotty said...

I concur - great start, Debby. Do you think that as older students, we grownups have a better attitude to learning, that we consider it a gift, a challenge, and that younger students could learn something from that?

:-)

Karen said...

Oh, Debby! So proud of you! Keep up the good work! ;)

rhubarbwhine said...

I am slowly easing myself back into blogland. Look at what I have missed !

97% is AMAZING!

WhiteStone said...

Awww, we told ya you'd be fine! Now do you believe us? (smile)

Bill of Wasilla said...

I am most impressed. There are times that I think it would be fun to go back to school and that maybe now that it is too late to do me any good, I might be more serious this time (however, I was very serious about the photojournalism part, even way back then).

But I think I would probably just wind up goofing off and would wander around taking pictures and writing up little stories.

So I am impressed.

Ash said...

Wow.. Way to go Debby :)

Jayne said...

Woooohoooo!
Congrats, what a fantastic start!

Anonymous said...

"I'm sure that I'm going to have bad days too"

Hopefully you don't have too many bad days. But if you do, remember that bad days make for good blog posts.

Congratulations on doing so well.

DavidM.

corymbia said...

Way to go Debby!