Thursday, February 4, 2010

Counting my Eggs.

You know that whole 'don't count your eggs before they're hatched' thing? Okay. Well, I'm going to count those eggs anyway. Yesterday, I had a rotten cold. Pure rotten. I also had a psychology test today. Yesterday, I wrote two papers. Yesterday, I read two chapters. Yesterday, I tried to study. I was so tired, though, and I had cold chills, and I just felt so stinking bad that it was hard to focus. I finally gave up, made a pot of cream of potato soup, just so that I could drink a cup of the broth. Lot of chopping for a cup of broth, but like I said, I was miserable. Anyhow, I went to class last night, and when I got home, I went to bed, I went directly to bed, and I slept like the proverbial log. This morning, I got up early, and I studied for an hour. I felt better. I seemed to be remembering more easily, thinking more clearly, which was comforting, but still I was nervous, because this test stuff is all new.

Okay. Now, about those eggs, the ones that I'm not supposed to be counting, etc. etc. I gotta say, I believe that I smoked that test. I may have even aced it. I'll find out next Tuesday for certain, but I know that I did better than okay on it.

10 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Count 'em and make an omelette, baby! Good for you!

Hope you feel better.

steviewren said...

I expect that you will smoke all of your tests. Glad you woke up feeling better. I bet you're glad yesterday is over.

Chez said...

Debby love your 'Attitude'
Go girl!
Thanks for coming by my blog. You give me hope when I am feeling just a little overwhelmed.
I have missed my contact with blogging friends.
Good to be back.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I have so many dreams where I go back to college. I start out enthusiastically but then get sidetracked. Then, the semester is nearly over and I am wandering about campus, unable to even find my class.

I think of these dreams every time I read your college posts.

BUSH BABE said...

You juggle those eggs right up high, Debby. Wouldn't be any fun round here if you didn't...
:-)
BB

Kelly said...

I bet you're right and you did great! Let us know!

Jayne said...

Of course you aced it...you've got all these slightly crazy blog buddies cheering for you ;)

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

You probably did great on your test! I am so glad you are feeling better. Life is one test after another and you have had some very difficult tests. You are going to do great with school. I envy you. I wish I could be in school right now.

jeanie said...

In the words of 'Salina "Boo yah!"

corymbia said...

Go You!