Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bullfeathers

Although, we have never voted straight ticket, Tim and I would have to say that we consider ourselves to be democrats. Don't bother responding and criticizing or attempting to persuade us 'where we are wrong in our thinking'. Our affiliation, our thoughts come from our own life experiences. We are what we are. In return, you're allowed to be what you are. Deal?

Anyways, for the past week, the National Republican Party has been trying desperately to get in touch with us. While I was doing homework, the call came in again. 'Natasha' had an important message from the Republican Party for me, "and my support was urgently needed." I explained that we don't support the Republican Party because they do not hear what America is saying. She assured me that they are attuned to the voice of the American people. "Huh," I said. "I've been telling you for years now that we are democrats in this house and we would like to be taken off your phone list. That hasn't happened. You're not listening to me..." And she assured me again that I would be removed from their phone list. I hung up the phone and got back to work. That's yet another line of Republican bullfeathers that I've heard over and over again.

4 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

I think I might be a blue dog democrat. I'm certainly not a Republican anymore.

quid said...

Not sure what is worse... my phone rang twice between 8:30 and 9 a.m. (I think they're not supposed to call until 9) with messages from Debt Alternative folks.

If I would just listen to them, my debt would be alternative. Usually, they're calling for my son. I tell them he hasn't spoken to me since he was 15.

:)

quid

Kelly said...

I've always considered myself a Republican for the most part, but you know what? I don't particularly like EITHER party anymore!!

A simplistic thought, but why do we have to have a party system?

Bill of Wasilla said...

Your "money" was urgently needed...

glad you hung onto it.