Monday, January 25, 2010

Terrie

Last year, I blogged about a woman I met at the Cancer Center. Today I saw that she died. The picture of her was evidently a pre-cancer shot, and it surprised me, the vitality, the joy on her face. I'd only met her after she was very obviously ill. She was a brave person, and her concern for her family outweighed her concern for herself. I found myself thinking of her on and off during the day. She was remarkable in her own quiet way.

What a gift our lives are. What a gift. Sometimes we manage to forget that in our grueling slog from one difficult day to the next, but really, each day there is something to see, something to hear, something to make us glad for the day. Every day. We just have to remember to look for it.

Today, thinking about Terrie, I've remembered, and I was glad for this day. Over and over again, I was glad.

6 comments:

Bill of Wasilla said...

So sorry about your friend. Nothing like death to remind us how good each moment of life is.

Jayne said...

(((hugs)))

Kelly said...

I'm sorry for Terrie's death.

Mary Paddock said...

So sorry to hear about your friend, Debby.

PaintedPromise said...

how sad... and a good reminder for us all Deb! {{hugs to you}}

Daria said...

It sure makes you think ... one day you're here and the next you're not ... well not really but it sure makes me think about how easy it can all change.