Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snow Business

Snowy morning out my back door.
The feeders were filled immediately after this sad photo.

Notice the track marks in the snow? These tracks actually led to Tim's recent stint in the dog house. We have a truck. And a plow. There was a problem with the plow, but poor Tim was sick (the same cold I got for Christmas...) and did not get to it before the recent spate of snow. This was completely understandable. I shoveled the entire driveway. Just as I finished, Tim fixed the plow. His timing was impeccable, but really, this did not upset me. I was glad the plow was fixed. Then he promptly drove the truck through the back yard (see tracks above) and buried that sucker! Now that, that, my friends, THAT got. my. goat! Especially when he came in the house laughing like this was the most fun he'd had in ages. Tim did get the truck unburied, and seemed to have a mighty fun time doing that, as well.
Men.
They are a strange and peculiar creature.

13 comments:

WhiteStone said...

That last sentence is set somewhere in stone. I'm certain of that. It's no wonder that God gave them women as "helpers". They need all the help they can get. And we're good at it. heh-heh

steviewren said...

I bet they say the same thing about us. Go figure.

Bill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill of Wasilla said...

Your backyard looks beautiful - a nice place for a creature to hang out.

Mary Paddock said...

What is it about men and driving vehicles places they shouldn't go? Gary once cost us many dollars by taking his Bronco (aka only transportation to work) off-roading.

Kelly said...

Beautiful photos!

Bob said...

OK so what, exactly, is the problem?! He got the truck out and he had fun doing it.

Yes, beautiful photos indeed. It's been snowing here in Middle Tennessee for days but we have little to show for it.

Pam said...

*sigh* I LOVE your snowy photos!!! Wish I had that much....

Ash said...

Lovely photos.. And I'm sure we puzzle men just as much as they puzzle us.. It's the mystery that makes it fun :)

Scotty said...

Men.
They are a strange and peculiar creature.


We can be, can't we? Love that shot of the feeder.

:-)

Lorelei said...

I totally agree with Bob. What's the problem?
Let go of the goat and allow Tim's laughter to enter/fill your heart.
Facing real and possible loss.......
For a brief time he found his high heeled shoes and dangly earrings.........
Treasure your strange and peculiar creature.

Laughter is the best medicine. Sometimes it is strange and peculiar how we receive it.

The photos are gorgeous. Take good care.

Debby said...

We have a very big driveway. It takes a lot of work to keep it shoveled out. I was darn mad at him for burying a truck that we were not sure was going to be unstuck before the next big snowstorm due later that day. He had a fine time getting it shoveled out, and he got it unstuck, and then stuck, and then unstuck one more time. The 'dog house' was temporary, and lasted as long as the spector of shoveling that darn driveway yet again.

I am familiar with the foibles of my particular model of the male species. I understand that listening to 'those horses bark'(the rumble of a powerful car) arouses something primal within him. I understand we will die with his Camaro carefully stored away.
I don't understand the importance of these things, just as he does not understand books or high heels or dangly earrings, but he is what he is, just as I am what I am, and we are well suited.

Fear not people. This was meant to tease my husband who thought it was funny.

PaintedPromise said...

i'm with Tim, it was funny ;) and i totally understand, my husband has been "tweaking" his golf cart endlessly... {sigh} it's been in the shop more than out ever since he got it!