Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rocking the Gray Hair...

You know, this gray hair of mine is going to be my ticket to success. I had a ton of stuff to do today, and I wound up at the college library, and then scooted up to 'Main St.' which is a tutoring/study center. They have my psychology book, which is more than I can say for my own self . I was going to do my assignment there since the text book I ordered had not appeared yet. I got there at about 3:05. Much to my surprise, I found out the place closes at 3 on Friday. "Well, I'll just come back Monday then," I said, and prepared to head back out, embarrassed by my mistake. The woman said, "Wait. Tell you what. I have two text books. Take one of them over the weekend, and just bring it back next week." And she handed me the book. Just like that.

You just have to know how to work this gray hair stuff.

8 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

I suspect it's not the gray hair but your ability to relate to people. It's a gift. You even manage to do it via this blog. But you can say it's the hair if you like.

What-EV.

quid said...

I can only work my gray hair by openly poking fun at myself for coloring it. I had the blonde decade, the red decade, and now I'm in the 14th year of "caramel colored".

Hair color. If I had every dime I spent throughout the last three decades, well, I would be able to retire 3 years earlier.

:) quid

BUSH BABE said...

Oi, the grey hair!
Battling mine now for half my life (no fair)... and what Pam said.
:-)
BB

Hal Johnson said...

Hair? What's that?

Karen said...

I totally agree with all of the above, especially a Novel Woman's comment. I'm sure you appeared extremely humble and polite to that woman; it's just that simple. And your attitude was most likely a breath of fresh air to her.

And thanks, Debby, for your comment on my last post. Now I am humbled. Really...

WhiteStone said...

Mine is much beyond gray. Much. Mine is white. As in "snow white". Family trait.

At least I'm not like Hal above who can't seem to remember what it is to have had hair!

On the other hand, I DOOOOO remember what it is to NOT have hair. And as such, I don't care whether mine is gray, white, pink, striped, curly, braided....Whoa! I stop at dredlocks. I want no dredlocks.

I hope I don't have hair nightmares tonight!

Bill of Wasilla said...

Hi Debby. I don't think it was your gray hair. It was you.

Sorry I haven't been by lately. I have been so busy and spread so thin with my travels and all.

And now I am too tired. I will be back, though and I will catch up.

RedWifey said...

Niiiicccceeee!