Thursday, January 21, 2010

No Change

The mammogram was yesterday. It was supposed to be a couple weeks ago, but my films were lost in UPMC for a while. Our own hospital made the decision to proceed without them, but magically, they were found in Pittsburgh and returned to us just a few minutes before my appointment. Honestly. Things like this are aggravating.

I consider myself pretty unflappable. No pun intended. But you know, waiting in that room for the results, really, I was actually sick to my stomach. It's official. There is no change from the last films. No change.

I stopped by to say 'hey' to Mary, and then I headed for the car. I was surprised that before I could start the car, I had to have myself the tinsiest bawl.

9 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

This is good, right? No change is good. Right?

quid said...

NO CHANGE! YAY!

BUSH BABE said...

Oh fantastic Deb!!!! I am so exhausted I can hardly read tonight, but that made my day... what a massive relief. Wow. I think we should drink to that *CHINK!*
:-)
BB

Karen said...

SO happy for your results, Debby. Believe me, I know exactly how you feel and wish you many more "unchanged" mammograms to come!

Caroline said...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lydia said...

Yea, Deb! So glad to hear the good news.

I big "hurrah!" from South Dakota!

Kelly said...

Great news!!

corymbia said...

Hooray Debby.
I've been following your health issues since you were kind enough to comment on my Blog when my mother-in-law had breast cancer.
I'm so relieved for you today, I just had to delurk for a comment!

Debby said...

Corymbia - Oh my gosh! I used to read you...somewhere in the computer crashes I lost you. I am so glad you delurked. Thanks!