Sunday, January 10, 2010

Genes

Cara went to the store, and found a Madagascar fleece throw on sale for $2.00. She didn't need it. Wasn't sure what she was going to do with it, but she bought it. Because it was only $2.00. She showed me when she got home. "Proof," she said. "It's genetic." I laughed. I'm pretty thrifty. Cara went on, "When Dylan and I went shopping, he was looking at some stuff, and said, 'Gees, this is a good buy.' Cara said, "What would you use this for?" and Dylan said, "I don't know, but gees, this is a good buy,'' and Cara nodded and said, "We can't help it. It is the mom in us," and the two of them laughed hard.

I don't know what was so funny, but the throw is a good start to a 'gift closet'. Just put that throw away, because some day, she'll need a cute little gift for someone, and voila! It'll will be there waiting.

5 comments:

Mikey said...

I hear that. You just never know when you'll need an unexpected gift! That IS a good buy, I would have bought it too. Of course around here we just try to give guests a horse or a puppy :) So come visit!

Caroline said...

I have the same gene. Are we related??

Mrs. Spit said...

Am I related to you? I do exactly the same thing.

Mary Paddock said...

My mom is especially good at closeting away gifts she finds at thrift stores and auctions and the like. I did not inherit this gene.

I want to got to Mikey's house. :)

PaintedPromise said...

around here the phrase is, "IT'S ON SALE!!!" that's justification for purchase whether we need the item or not lol