Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Today's News

Today is a big day. Our computer returns home after its recent hard drive transplant. There's an expense we did not need right now. Especially on a computer that is less that one year old. We bought it from the original owner two months after they purchased it (they could not stand Vista and went back to their old computer). Because we are not the original owners, the great (unnamed) corporate giant does not have to acknowledge our existance, and did not honor its warranty. Mighty handy for the great (unnamed) corporate giant, isn't it? Anyways, I'm happy to get my computer back. So happy that I feel like singing. By golly, I think I will. "Jingle Dell, Jingle Dell..."

Jeanie's finally put up a picture of that new baby. Oh. She's so sweet. She's so adorable. I wish that I could hold her myself, for just a moment. That's what happens when I gaze at pictures of babies for too long. I get wild cravings to hold it, to feel its weight in my arms, to smell its hair, and to play with its little fingers and toes. In fact the cravings are so strong, I probably should not go out of the house, because if I see a baby, I'm going to ask to hold it. If the parents do not know me, this is always upsetting to them.

I've got most of my Christmas cookies baked. Ice the sugar cookies today, bake a batch of brownies, and a small pan of rice crispy treats, only because Christmas will not come without rice crispy treats.

Yesterday, I received a package in the mail. From Oklahoma. An autographed Pioneer Woman cookbook. I kind of think that even though it came from Oklahoma, it originated in Oz. I'm still working out those clues though, since there was no note inside. That was exciting though, and I really am dying to make up a batch of bacon jalapeno poppers for New Year's Eve. Thank you very much, and whoever is responsible for this: I will find you out.

Other earth shattering news? Today, I signed up for college.

14 comments:

WhiteStone said...

"Jingle HP" doesn't have quite the same ring, does it? lol

The PW cookbook was probably mis-addressed. Cross out PA and write in IA and send it on its way. heh-heh

I'm off to the kitchen to make home-made noodles. PW doesn't make noodles half as good as mine.

A Novel Woman said...

Ah, that crazy Aussie gal....


Awesome news about college! What are you going to study?

Pencil Writer said...

HOW. EXCITING! Forge ahead and have a ball. Oh, and absolutely: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

steviewren said...

Bet it smells good in your house.

Have a Merry Christmas with your dear ones.

BUSH BABE said...

Isn't Christmas exciting? Sometimes the treasures you get come from the most unexpected places... I wouldn't worry too much about how it got to you but p'raps you just need to thank Ree. She's a pretty special lady, that one.
Hugs across the pond.
:-)
BB

BUSH BABE said...

(I really need to read to the end of your posts!)

COLLEGE? WOW... what exciting news! What are you studying??

BUSH BABE said...

(I really need to read to the end of your posts!)

COLLEGE? WOW... what exciting news! What are you studying??

Debby said...

I plan to study occupational therapy. It seems a perfect fit for me. Little Miss Independent will help others to retain their independence.

Debby said...

Oh, and BB? I'd like you to drop me an e-mail. You've got some 'splaining to do.

Kelly said...

How exciting about college!!! When do you begin - January??

Isn't that Christmas baking fun?! My daughter has gingerbread dough chilling in the fridge. Hope she lets me help make & decorate the cookies later!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

Scotty said...

All the best with those college studies, Debby, and here's wishing you and your family and friends a happy holiday season from across the pond.

Be well, be safe.

:-)

jeanie said...

Darn - I had a great comment too...

I will have a good sniff of her for you if you want - if you have a good sniff of that kitchen of yours for me...

OT is a great choice for you - you do already try to uplift those around you, doing it as a vocation seems only natural.

Doris said...

Lucky You !! I want a Pioneer Woman cookbook too.Even if I hardly ever cook anymore. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and yours. Loyal reader...Doris

Daria said...

College ... that is great.