Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve.

Over at Mrs. Spit's, she's pondering about New Year's festivities. I guess that I have never been one to make a big deal out of the night. We celebrate. We've invited friends over, but the roads are pretty bad right now, so we don't know who will make it. The kids are all headed to their own particular festivities. It might well be just Tim and I and a pan full of jalapeno poppers (a la Pioneer Woman's cookbook...Thanks again to both Bush Babe and Ree, I sure do appreciate it...), mushrooms, salsa and chips. Nothing fancy. A bottle of wine. If people make it in, we're good. If they don't, well, we're good.

I will celebrate the good things in 2009, I will close the door on the bad stuff. Some years are better than others. While 2009 was a rough year for us, it was also a hugely rewarding year in many ways. Lord knows it was memorable. I look ahead to the blank pages of 2010's calendar, each day's square waiting to be written on. How will I fill those days? It's exciting to contemplate what might come to pass in this year, so I'll celebrate 2010 too. In any case, I'll curl up on my own comfortable couch, with my own comfortable husband, and we will watch a movie, maybe two. It won't be anything remarkable or eyepopping, but we'll see the New Year in.

Happy New Year to everyone. Whether you celebrate big, or celebrate small, I hope that you all mark this day in the way that you love best, with the people that you love best.

6 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Debby, one of the "good???" things about cancer is reaching out and finding others and encouraging one another and loving one another. I've enjoyed making a new friendship with you (and others) and wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year, one in which you will continue to be blessed with all of Christ's richest blessings.
You'll hit midnight one hour before we do. Which seems kinda funny...some of us in a new year, some of us still stuck a few moments more in the old year. lol

Mrs. Spit said...

memorable. I like that. . .

Happy New Years to you as well.

Kelly said...

Happy New Year, Debby! I'm glad we've become "friends" over the past year. May you have a wonderful 2010!!

Jayne said...

Happy 2010 to you and yours, Debby :)

BUSH BABE said...

Heh - we are halfway through the first day of the next decade already! And as I look out over a green pasture and hear my family noisily tidying the house, my resolution is to enjoy the good stuff. And despite being a bit of a worrier, to leave the not-so-nice stuff alone a bit...
:-)
BB

Daria said...

I think a few people are happy to leave 2009 in the dust ... all the best to you in 2010!