Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ya'll come!

The turkey is stuffed, the waldorf salad made, the bread baked, pies made. Dylan's particular favorite, pistachio salad is made and in the fridge. The sweet potatoes are in the oven. Tomorrow, I'll only have to reheat that. In the morning, I'll get up early, pop the turkey in at 7, and let it bake all day. The only thing left to do is to make the mashed potatoes, the dill peas w/ walnuts, a pan of corn, and whip up the gravy. I keep feeling as if I'm forgetting something, and unbelievably, sitting here, I realize that I have. I'm off to the kitchen to make my cranberry sauce. Geesh. How does a person forget cranberries?

*wanders off rolling eyes and muttering to herself*

Cara's home, Dylan will be enroute before too long. Brianna will be here tomorrow with her fiance, Mike will wander in at some point. Three generations will gather around the table, and we will be grateful for much. Whether you celebrate the day or not, let me wish you a happy Thanksgiving. I've got a lot of blessings to count and you all are a big blessing to me. I wish that you could all come to dinner tomorrow!

12 comments:

Lesley said...

Debby... I hope you have a most wonderful Thanksgiving. We are both truly blessed and I know I, as are you, am thankful for many many things in our lives. Have a great day with your family!!! Tell them all I say HI!!! OH... by the way... Mom wanted to know how Cara liked the "warm" afghan??? LOL

Deb said...

Debby,
Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

Deb
Tylerfarm
Maine

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have a delicious spread planned.... and great company to share it with!!

Thanksgiving blessing to you and yours, too!!

Anonymous said...

I know you will all have a great Thanksgiving together and warmest wishes to you all from Australia Love Barb

Bob said...

I would get there if I could.

It's so interesting how these traditions vary all over the country. Here in the south we make cornbread dressing and we would never think of stuffing it in the turkey. One of these days I want to come up north and see how you guys do it.

Blessings to you and your family today. So much for which to be thankful.

jeanie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Debby.

Over here its just Thursday.

steviewren said...

Happy Thanksgiving Debby. Enjoy the day with your loved ones. I'm praising God today for all his blessings to me. And I'm going later today to be with my family.

Reb said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! The only thing that beats having all of your children home around the table, is having said children bring THEIR children :) Grand kids make EVERYTHING better :) LOL! Can you believe that 10 years ago I was the one saying "I don't really care if I have grands or not. If I do? They won't change my life at ALL" Life makes a liar out of us all.
Reb

Mikey said...

Happy Happy Turkey Day to you! And now I have to go get my cranberry sauce ready.. thanks for the reminder :)

Grahamn Kracker said...

Here I am sitting at my desk in Wasilla, Alaska, too stuffed to even type a comment. Given the time difference, you are probably asleep by now. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving and now sleep soundly.

The Factory said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous.

Lori said...

I wish I could have come to dinner too! lol Hope you had a fabulous day!