Thursday, November 5, 2009

Speechless x 3.

Edit: I didn't think about this not being front line news everywhere. At 1:30 this afternoon, there was an incident at Ft. Hood. 12 people dead, 31 injured at present count. One of the alleged shooters is Maj. Malik Nadal Hasan, a psychiatrist, a military doctor. The office of Sen. Kay Hutchison (Tx) reported that Hasan was upset about his upcoming deployment to Iraq. Two other suspects were captured.

Stacey is at Ft. Hood. Stacey is fine. She just in-processed. These troops were being outprocessed. One of the shooters was a Major?!!!!! Jeepers. 12 dead and 31 injured. Boggles the mind. For the third time in one week, I am speechless.

Don't get all excited people.

It's not bound to last long.

8 comments:

Bill said...

I think that I had better go look at some news websites and see just what it is that happened at Fort Hood. Thank goodness that Stacey is ok!

WhiteStone said...

Oh, Man! I hadn't seen the news...too busy cleaning carpet. I have a nephew at Hood and our granddaughter has a brother-in-law there. Glad Stacey is okay. Heading to the news again.

Bush Babe said...

OMG... glad Stacey is OK. That's just crazy!!!
Hugs
BB

Mary Paddock said...

I'm certainly glad to hear that Stacey is okay. It is all such a terrible tragedy.

Mikey said...

Unbelievable!!! Wade's brother is also at Ft. Hood!! We called him immediately and he is also ok. But wow, scary. Lot of people dead and injured. Here.
Really hits home...

Lori said...

I'm very glad Stacey is okay. What a tragedy!

Bill of Wasilla said...

I think it was the top-billed news story everywhere in the US, but it so happened that the first place I learned of it was from your blog.

And thanks so very much for standing up for me on mine!

Kelly said...

I thought of your Stacey right off when I heard about it and am so glad to know she's okay.

Unbelievable tragedy!!