Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday, All Day

I had a Monday yesterday. I had some bloodwork to be done at the lab. Being a person who likes to be efficient, I assembled a small list of errands to be run while I was down town. I had my list and my lab work sitting on the table when I got up. At a little past four. 'Are you nuts?' you ask. Well. No. I simply forgot to set my own alarm clock back, although I'd changed all the other clocks. By the time I figured it out, there was no sense in going back to bed. I got my shower, and packed Tim's lunch.

I headed out the door at just past seven. I wanted to get the lab visit over early. There were no instructions with the paperwork. Some lab work requires you to fast. I did not want to eat and find out after the fact that I shouldn't have eaten. I skipped my morning 'two cups' as well.

On the way off the hill, I stopped at the local Walmart to drop off two tires to be mounted on two rims. I was just going to drop them off, but by the time the paperwork was complete, the tired on the rims had been removed, and the friendly folks told me they'd be ready in ten minutes. Might as well stay around for that. I roamed the store, and came back only to find that those tires couldn't be mounted on those rims. Size difference. Tim's never made a mistake like that before.

I went to pay for the work they had done and discovered that my wallet was not in my purse. With a sickening feeling, I remembered...I made a quick run into town for something on Friday. I had taken my wallet from my purse and stuffed it in my coat pocket. I had not put it back.

I left the store, and came home for my wallet.

I went back to the store, and paid for the service, and they loaded my tires and rims back into the truck.

By then, it is nearly 9, and I'm hungry, and have a headache from missing my morning caffeine. I headed over to the hospital and discovered that my bloodwork did not need me to fast. Natch. But I got it done, headed out and I stopped and got myself a cup of coffee. I got the bright idea to grab one and deliver it to Mary working away at the hospital. Carrying my two cups of coffee to the third floor, I found out that Mary had called in sick today.

I headed back downstairs, hitting my own caffeine hard.

I put the extra cup in the cup holder and head off to errand number two. Turning a corner, the cup sails out of the cup holder, hits the floor of the truck. The lid pops off immediately, sending most of a $4. coffee spewing all over the floor. This causes me to say 'Dammit!' Several times.

The tenant I was trying to meet was gone by the time I got there.

I came home and vented my spleen by raking the leaves at an aggravated pace, grumbling to myself. My dog took advantage of my preoccupied state to roll in something.

I bathe the dog. He is not happy, because he just had a bath Friday. I'm not happy, because I just gave him a bath on Friday.

Did you ever have a Monday that was just a bit more monday-ish than most?

Edit: This was supposed to be tomorrow's post. I forgot to change the post options. *sigh*

11 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I think it's called the "sin factor". Bad people everywhere. Bad!

Debby said...

Whatever I did, WhiteStone, I REPENT! I REPENT~!

Mrs. Spit said...

I call them salmon run days. Because you swim upstream all day, and then you die at the end.

Kelly said...

...and it's STILL Monday!

Hope it improves by bedtime.
: )

Bush Babe said...

Oh dear... the last line made me smile. How many times have I done that? And spilled coffee. And left our purses at home (at least you weren't 55km from home when you discovered it? Were you???).

And cursing into the bargain... hold out your hand for a smack now! Sorry - but it made me feel quite normal!!
:-)
BB

Tammy said...

I'm thinking maybe you SHOULD have gone back to bed when your realized the clock wasn't changed! Your Monday wins hands down as the worst! Here's to a better Tuesday!

Roland said...

It's a fresh start, today! :)

PaintedPromise said...

i'm sorry you had such a rotten day. glad i wasn't drinking when i read what Mrs. Spit wrote! salmon run days, love it! guess having two babies in the same day would qualify as a much better Monday than you had ;)

and, um, Deb, not to make things worse but... i have found, at least on MY blogger drafting screen, that even if i post, i can GO BACK AND EDIT and change the date ;)

Bill said...

I would have added a couple of more damnits, however many you stated.

Anonymous said...

Did you only say dammit, Deb. And I thought you had a wide command of the language. Hope your week has improved! I like Mrs Spit's name for those days. Barb

Lori said...

Oh yes, I've had Mondays that lasted all week! Glad you at least got home safely! lol Salmon Run days! Very funny!