Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Good Stuff

You know, Stevie made a comment on the last post. She said, "Congrats on all the good stuff...it's about time it happened for you." I love Stevie. But I really wanted to address this comment. I want to focus on the part 'it's about time it happened for you.' This past year has been quite an astonishing kick in the pants, and there were parts of it that were just downright awful. But the thing is, the good stuff? It's been happening right along. Really, truly, honest to goodness-ly. I have always considered myself a very blessed woman, and cancer did not change that. If I ever led anyone to believe anything else, I apologize, and I want to make it clear: the good stuff happens no matter what is going on in your life. If you don't believe me, stop what you are doing, right this moment. Look around yourself and begin to count your blessings. You'll see what I mean.

5 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I'm countin'. Every day I'm countin' the blessings.

Bob said...

Don't worry, you always made it clear that you thought yourself blessed.

Ann said...

I don't read negative blogs - yours has been inspiring.

steviewren said...

You know, you're right. I've got the best children in the world...their dad wasn't, but they are and that is a big big big blessing. Everyday that I drive my car and it doesn't break down is a blessing (I hate being broke down on the side of the road). I'm sick of my job right now, but I've got vacation time and tomorrow I'm using it for the next 2 days and that is a big blessing. The fact that I work in the subprime auto industry and still have a job is a blessing....Debby, you're right. Blessings are everywhere.

Bill of Wasilla said...

That's actually very true. I think to the worst parts of my life... the very, very worst, when beloved people die and get killed and broken and still... even then... in the pain... looking back... I can see that it was good to be alive.