Friday, November 13, 2009

Domestic Goddess

I'm still job hunting, but have not had one call back. Not one. I am trying not to be discouraged about this. I know that after Thanksgiving, I can go back to my customer service job, if need be. (Dear God, please don't let need be...)

But today, I cooked. I had new recipes and I spent a pleasant afternoon chopping and mixing, cooking, listening to music. It felt luxurious to be able to do this. I am perfectly, perfectly happy in this quiet moment. I know that it will change. I know that I will be back to some sort of job after Thanksgiving (please let it be a pleasant one...) It just feels nice to move around my own kitchen in my bare feet, sipping wine, with the smells of rosemary, tarragon, basil and garlic swirling around me.

I'll be going back to work. I need the dough. But tomorrow, I will knead dough, and I will be perfectly content.

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Trust God and it will all work out, Debby. Maybe not exactly how you (think you) want, but for the best.

Enjoy tonight with your friends!

Ann said...

I can't even think about going back to work yet. It makes me upset to even imagine it. I don't need the stress and problems right now - puttering in the kitchen and sipping wine seems the perfect way to recover.

Lydia said...

So glad that you have a such a pleasant weekend planned! What a blessing to be able to share and give to each other.

Be blessed tonight and enjoy the wine!

Paula said...

Hey - shame you live such a long way away. I would have been more than happy to sit in your kitchen with you - sipping wine and singing along to the music - and smelling those lovely culinery aromas!!

Good luck with the job hunt. I am very grateful that I have a lovely job working with great people - which I miss so much. I am looking forward to kicking this cancer thing and getting back there!!

Have a nice w/e - Paula x

WhiteStone said...

Ah, wish I was there watching you putter in the kitchen. We could do a mini-version of Julie and Julia. Living in the "now" is a good thing to do. Difficult. But good.

Bill of Wasilla said...

I am not quite sure what happens. Sometimes I leave a comment, but then look back later and it is not there.

It's too early in the morning and I have a headache and I can't recreate the comment I originally left, but, be assured, it was encouraging.

jeanie said...

Oh it sounds absolutely wonderful, Deb!! Wish I was there - and I truly hope the right job or opportunity falls from the heavens for you at the right time.

PaintedPromise said...

yum can i come over for dinner??????

Lori said...

So many people I know have been job hunting for a long time and not had even one call. So just hang in there, and at least you aren't alone!