Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Tube of Annie Lennox

Today was the MRIs. It took forever. I lay in that tube not moving through Sting's entire 'Ten Summoner's Tales' (my choice) and then Annie Lennox's 'Medusa' (not my choice, shoot me now). I did not move, and my shoulder was aching from being strapped in place, and Annie Lennox is truly not my cup of tea, and 'Medusa' is my least favorite Annie Lennox album. I kept still, and I kept thinking, "If they can tell me what is going on with this blessed shoulder, it will all be worth it." I guess I'll know tomorrow if it was. It's been a looooong couple months, and really, truly, I just want some resolution to the situation. And to never hear Annie Lennox sing 'A Whiter Shade of Pale' ever, EVER again. Those two things.

8 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I got to pick all my music in the MRIs. At least they could have given you the only Annie Lennox song I like,'Sweet Dreams'. I pray you will get good news.

Bush Babe said...

Oh dear. I love Annie. But I hate MRI machines. Resolution is on its way. Everything crossed here...

BB
PS What music WOULD have made it OK?

Caroline said...

I don't get music in my MRI's, they just have some crap piped in. No fair!

quid said...

My favorite Annie is "Diva"... she used that word back in the 90's when no one was using it. Although I'm kind of immune now to the classic "Walking on Broken Glass" (too much airplay!)..it remains my favorite.

I don't know who all recorded "Whiter Shade of Pale", but let me tell you I love Johnny Rivers' old version even better than Procol Harum's. Haven't heard Annie's. I'm thinkin' it's a male song.

quid

WhiteStone said...

It's quite obvious you are all young'uns and I'm a lot older than you...I haven't a clue as to who is Annie Lennox. But then perhaps I could stump you with Paul Anka and the Everly Bros. LOL

Debby said...

WhiteStone: No, you couldn't. I've listened to them often enough trapped in other medical imaging places where (take note Caroline!)the music was piped in. MRI is the only place you can take your own in, but I never remember, and always have to listen to whatever they have. The last time it was Vivaldi's 'The Four Seasons' and I did not make it all the way through before it was done. To be in that tube, immobile, was nearly more than I could take. By the end of Annie Lennox, I was freezing. I had to pee. I was in pain. And the music sucked. Quid: All of the songs on Medusa were standards made famous by men. Finally, BB, nothing could have two hours in that tube 'OK'. I will say that Sting made it marginally better, and Annie Lennox made it infinately worse. They did not have 'The Fray' or the new 'Five for Fighting'. (I just through that last in to really confound WhiteStone!)

Debby said...

threw. *sigh*

Kelly said...

I would have wanted some Yes or Pink Floyd. Maybe some old Genesis (before they got so "pop").

Sure hope you get good results today!!