Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Today...

...I discovered that my job is done. Pennsylvania is still finangling a budget, but in the meantime, I've lost my job as of August 31st.

I'm a little surprised. The last word that I received was that they were keeping the West Nile Virus program intact. I pulled off the road while DEP was telling me the news. Rick felt badly. He assured me repeatedly that it had nothing to do with job performance because I ran a very good program, one of the best under his jurisdiction. That was nice of him to say, and I'm glad that he took the time to say it.

It is what it is.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sorry about the job, Debby.

Bush Babe said...

Damn girl... I am sorry, but part of me is kinda "maybe this will make her stop and rest a little". I'm selfish like that.
{{hugs}}
BB

Pam said...

I'm sorry about the job, too. My daughter still hasn't found another job in retail management after she lost hers in the spring. :(

WhiteStone said...

Sorry to hear that, Debby. One day at a time. Bless you.

Scotty said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Debby - are there any other job prospects available to you at all?

Daria said...

Sorry about the job loss ... let's hope something else comes up soon.