Tuesday, August 25, 2009

In touch

I watched a man walk into traffic talking on his cell phone. It's not that he was distracted and did not notice. He just walked out into traffic, daring cars to hit him. One car got too close to him, and he spun around to glare and make motions with his hand, still talking on his cell phone. Later, when I was in a store, I heard someone yelling, "Answer me! You answer me!" and then, a split second later, "Nope. Too late. You took too long! No. That's it." You guessed it. It was the same guy, still talking on his cell phone. He left the store still raging on his cell phone, giving the world hell one phone call at a time, glaring furiously at any passerby who dared to look at him curiously.

5 comments:

steviewren said...

He sounds crazy.

There used to be a guy who wore a heavy coat all the time, even in the summer. He walked for miles up and down the road close to my childhood home. He talked and argued with himself the whole time.

WhiteStone said...

This guy is dangerous. Crazy dangerous.

The Factory said...

I've had days like that, when I wanted to shout at the world. But I'm all better now. Hope you're well.

Daria said...

Wacko ... I agree with WhiteStone.

PaintedPromise said...

wow steviewren did you grow up in Phoenix? the guy you described walked 35th Avenue...