Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Choices

It's been a hard month, but August is nearly done. Summer is drawing to a close. I cannot tell you what the fall will bring. Even though I have not officially wound up this job, I received a surprising call today. A new position is being created, and I have been invited to apply for it. A chance meeting months ago made an impression. Who knows what will happen next, but it looks as if I might have a choice in where I go from here.

It sounds strange to say, but up to this point I have not had a lot of opportunity to choose in my life. I've always ended up doing what needed doing. I've always ended up making the responsible decisions. Stepping into my current job was the first time in years that I had the luxury of taking a job because I wanted to do it, as opposed to taking the job because I didn't have a choice. Just the fact that I am looking at opportunitieS is awfully exciting, and I am so grateful for that.

9 comments:

WhiteStone said...

So glad to hear this news.

Kelly said...

This is certainly encouraging!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This seems to be a season of choices for a great many of us. I'm in the middle of my own decision making process right now. I'm trusting completely in the Lord as I launch out in small steps of faith as he leads.

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Debby. You're always welcome at my place.

blessings and peace to you this week~elaine

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

PS: I loved how you said in your profile that you're always "taking care of things." Me too. "Things" are my specialty!

Caroline said...

No harm in applying is there! Worst case, you don't get it. But if its something you would really like to do then its all the better!

Scotty said...

That's good news, Debby; good luck with the application.

:-)

Lori said...

That sounds really good. I hope you get that position and it's all you think it will be. Take care!

Lydia said...

Some would say that is "luck", we all know that it is your hard work and diligence in what you do today that is opening up these doors for tomorrow. Good job, Debbie!

PaintedPromise said...

best of luck to you! wish the same would happen for Randy... the good news is, VA vocational rehab is going to start working with him...