Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Perfect

Last night, I lay in bed just about to doze off. The rain had stopped and there were crickets. I was not 'hot flashing'. It was not yet morning. I was not staggering around exhausted, trying to make my achey joints move. I was relaxed, my bones melting comfortably into the mattress. Tim breathed deeply and evenly beside me. And in the middle of my half awareness, I realized what it was. It was perfection. It was mine, all mine. It wouldn't last, but for that moment, everything was perfect. And I fell asleep.

4 comments:

Bush Babe said...

Sounds positively dreamy...

WhiteStone said...

I've experienced the same!!! Realizing in that moment the pleasure of being alive. Knowing it was momentary, and hoping there would be many more moments, but very, very grateful to be "well" in the moment.

Mikey said...

I love those moments. Life is perfect. Savor it, that's what I do :)

jeanie said...

Oh hooray on the benignity of the previous post - and there is nothing like that stillness of night to see perfection if you relax.