Thursday, July 2, 2009

Good Times.

I had a short day at work today. I collected samples and did a couple treatments. I went back to the office. I have 'comp time' to burn, so I took the afternoon off. I went to comfort a friend, a librarian. Librarians are a fun crowd to hang out with, turns out. I took in a pizza. We all sat around in the staff room, swapping stories and laughing like crazy, and no one was shushed. Leaving the staff break room, I noticed that the "Book Cellar" was open. The book seller was a genial soul and I walked out of there with a pile of library books offered up for sale. I came home to my empty house and curled up on the sofa with my books as it rained without ceasing outside.

Days like this are good for the soul.

2 comments:

Bob said...

"Good for the soul" -- absolutely! A rainy afternoon and a good book -- nothing better. Let us know what you're reading sometime.

Anonymous said...

Ah Debby we are on the same wavelength. I too came hope with a pile of book treasures recently (a used book store closing down and I got some real loot let me tell ya).

Enjoy your reads!

-Lavinia