Thursday, June 25, 2009

Storm Watch




It is no secret, if you have read this blog long, that I love thunder and lightning storms. I do. I like the wind, and the grumbling thunder that gets louder and louder, until with a flash of temper unleashed, the storm hits. I like to watch the storms approach. I like to smell the ozone. The best storms are the ones that come in from more than one direction. The thunder rolls across one end of the sky to the other. I love that sensation of being in the middle of something way larger than myself. We have a storm moving in right now, and I'm waiting.

Never does a storm move in without Jethro Tull playing in the back of my mind. They're one of my favorites too.

We've lost the power once already while I was typing this and listening to the thunder, so I will close and shut down the computer.

8 comments:

Bucko (a.k.a., Ken) said...

Hope you can ride the storm out :o)

Daria said...

It's really blowing over here too but no storms.

Bush Babe said...

See, that's why I love ya! I am a storm addict too... not quite storm chaser, but happy to spectate on Mother Nature's drama shows.

One day I will learn to take photos of them properly... one day!
:-)
BB

PaintedPromise said...

oh we love a good storm around here too! pouring rain and we are on the porch, we don't get near enough... and my kids were never scared of thunder, the oldest had a drummer for a dad so we told her the angels were drumming, she loves it. and the other two grew up with me bowling so we told them the angels were bowling lol... we are storm addicts! although i must admit that since i have the horses, i do worry about how THEY are weathering the storm, and hoping that shades don't blow off!

Lesley said...

Hey Debby. I must say that for the most part, I like storms too. That is until a huge crack of thunder goes and scares the jiggers outta me. But all in all, I do like them. I can't hear thunder now without thinking about my brother cause when he was killed 5 years ago, during his funeral it stormed and we told my niece and nephew that that was their Daddy up there in heaven with God and Daddy was rolling his beer keg around to all the parties. haha

Lydia said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new computer! I am thinking of getting one as well. It will have to wait a bit, the new gutters on the house will have to come first....

Storms are fantastic! Out here on the plains we have a tendancy to go outside and look around to see what is happening, especially when the tornado whistle sounds.... You want to see what is coming!

MuseSwings said...

Helloooooo! Woke up to thunderstorms here today and loved EVERY minute of it! Congrats on your new computer. What a change, eh? I had to use my old one for a while yesterday - what a trip! Hugs!

Gayla said...

((((Debby)))
I love the storms too and the smell it brings, before, during and after. Fantastic! The wind kind of makes me nervous, but everything else is awesome.
CONGRADS on your new computer--how great for you!

Huggers, Gayla