Sunday, June 28, 2009

May It Always Be So.




Fog

The fog comes
on little cat feet.
It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on.
********
From the harbor and the city, the fog moved on, and visited here tonight. The approach was magical to watch. Just down the road, we saw a bear. He paused briefly, and then turned and padded quickly away into the dark and foggy woods. The back deck is arranged. The lightning bugs are out. Cara helped me plant some planters.

It was a quiet end to a day filled with serendipity. We shopped at Goodwill. Her latest passion is old leather suitcases from the thirties and forties. We found a magnificent one for $3.99. It even still had the key. There have a wonderful 29 cent sale going on. I found three pairs of capris, one pair of khaki levis, a silk pantsuit, and four tank tops. Cara got a beautiful midnight blue short party dress, three shirts, and a pair of leather clogs that I wanted desperately but they were too small for me, a perfect fit for Cara. She also found a pair of stylish but practical shoes that she can wear to work. The clothing was all 29 cent each. I also found a glass bottle with the wire and ceramic stopper perfect for making blueberry vinegar. It was great fun, such a nice day. At the end of it, I heard the best thing that a parent can hear. My daughter, the adventurer, said, "There's just something about coming home."


May it always be so.

3 comments:

Bush Babe said...

Isn't the word "serendipity" just fabulous... so mellow and complete. I think we need a fashion show - you know, like when you were a kid and had to show off new purchases to your sister/mother/friend... c'mon?
Heh.
BB
PS Loved the fog... might share my latest one if I have time tonight...

Kelly said...

Lovely photos of the fog. So peaceful looking.

WhiteStone said...

Yep. My daughter was home for the weekend, too. I'm soooo glad she loves me! Loved the foggy photos and the Sandburg quote.