Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just Great!

After feeling like crap for most of the week, I finally 'snapped out of it'. Still don't know what was up, but I was so exhausted that it was all I could do to get myself home after a day at work. After falling into bed and sleeping for ten hours straight, I finally woke up with energy. Today I painted. Then I came home and I mowed our mega lawn. I weeded one of my gardens, mulched it. My sister mentioned that she'd love some yellow iris. I have very pale yellow ones, bright yellow ones, yellow ones with brown, yellow with cream. I decided that I'd better dig them up while they still had flowers on them, and I could tell them apart. I'm sort of a slap dash flower person. I throw everything everywhere, and never remember what is where, so every year is a big surprise for me. As long as I was digging, I also dug up a batch of my deep purple ones with lavender, and a burgundy colored one with cream. I had quite a carload of iris for her. I planted some shrubs. I also began my new garden. I've dubbed it 'Wild Blue Yonder'. It's a patch of wildflowers, all blue, that I collect as I tramp around the county after mosquitoes.

The day ended before I ran out of steam. That was a wonderful change.

5 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Ah! Very glad to hear you had an energy-filled day. Was worried about ya! Mine was busy. My stubble hair is beginning to fall out. Who would figure after all this time and five weeks since the last chemo!? I think I was premature thinking I'd have hair by Thanksgiving. More like Christmas! LOL

jeanie said...

I had one of those days yesterday also - you do get a sense of satisfaction, don't you?

Bush Babe said...

Hope you are pacing yourself, dear Deb... glad you had fun in your full-on day!!
:-)
BB

Redlefty said...

Wild blue garden sounds right up my alley -- I'd love to see pictures as it grows!

PaintedPromise said...

oh i wanna see that Wild Blue Yonder!!! pictures pictures pictures!!!