Thursday, June 11, 2009

Be Still

Yesterday's news bothered me something awful. After 88 years on this earth, the man was still so full of hatred. How can that be? What does God do with people like that? How can there be freaks out there applauding this action? Today, as I worked, I fretted about this, about hatred in general, about anger, and the sorry state of this world. As I worked in a swamp, the wind rustled the cattails. "sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhh..." was the sound, as if God had whispered to the wind, who passed it on to the cattails, who shared the word with me. And so I shushed. Right there in the middle of the swamp, I was still, and I knew that He was God.

7 comments:

WhiteStone said...

Lotta bad news out there about bad people. I loved your description of the wind whispering to be still. Sometimes we just have to come to silence. Be still.

Beth said...

I agree, how could someone be so bitter, it was awful. It really is hard to believe there are people like that.

jeanie said...

I would hate to be filled with so much hate.

Side story (if permitted) - we had a lot of futile dealings with a government agency yesterday, and when we left V was not a happy camper. I told him to take it up with God. Later he told me that he had and "God agrees they are (expletive deleted)wits".

steviewren said...

It is hard to believe that someone could harbor that much hate. But some people do. Didn't he realize that his vicious act of hatred would only reinforce the message of the museum?

Caroline said...

I clearly think in a case like this that there is something else wrong there that is manifesting all the hatred. That much violent emotion must have some deeper roots... At any rate, I do not think there is a place in this world for that kind of hatred.

Karen said...

Psalm 46:10 That is an excellent thought for the day.

rhubarbwhine said...

What a hard and sad way to live a life, filled with such poison. It's really so sad.