Thursday, May 14, 2009

Overslept, and I liked it.

I've made no secret of the fact that I'm really, really having a problem with exhaustion. I get home from work and I am ready for bed. The house looks tidy, but needs a good dusting. I need to get my laundry folded. I am just too tired. Last night I went to bed at 9, but was woke up by two phone calls, and one daughter rapping on the bedroom door. I woke up again three times between three and four for no apparent reason. I lay there at 5:30, knowing I should get up, but it was so dark, and the rain on the roof sounded sooooo soothing....I woke up again at a quarter to eight. I am supposed to be to work by 8. Usually, this would cause me to spring from my bed and begin rushing around like a crazy person. I would skip my shower. Skip breakfast. Drive faster than I would to get to work. This morning, however, it was different. It was raining. On my agenda for today is paperwork, replacing the spark plug in my sprayer, doing time sheets, the like. I made the executive decision that since I was already going to be late, there was no sense in compounding that bad start by feeling cruddy and hungry and uncaffeinated for the rest of the day. I called in, told them that I would be there as quickly as I could. I had my coffee and a bowl of cereal. I took my shower. I was at work by 9. I'll make it up at the end of the day. I'm lucky that I have a job like that.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds like very clear thinking on your part. I'm afraid I would have been doing the frantic crazy person routine.