Friday, May 29, 2009

Nothing Much

Man, it was a gray day.
Water everywhere.
Mosquitos popping out all over the place. Another pair of reading glasses bit the dust. This is the silo from the first picture, at the base, inside the barn. It has standing water in it, and was chock full of skeeters a while back. I treated it, and checked on it this morning. I stuck my head into one of those openings and dipped out some water. When I pulled back out, I knocked my glasses off my head. I saw them fall into the water. I tried to scoop them out with my dipper, but only succeeded in stirring up the water.
*sigh*
Luckily, I had a spare pair on my truck visor. (I also have a spare spare pair in my glove box. I go through reading glasses like some folks go through socks.)
I've never shown you my third office. I spend a lot of time in this truck.
This is the Cancer Center. After a month off, I had an appointment. I think the thing that surprises me about cancer is the lack of closure. I just thought that at some point, I'd be done with cancer. I guess that's not how it works.

I guess that nobody really knows where the road will lead you.
It's sure a beautiful trip though.

8 comments:

Daria said...

My husband found a great deal on reading glasses ... $2 regular price $20. He bought 8 pair and now has one set in just about every room of the house.

Hope the sun comes out soon.

Alison said...

What a beautiful post, Deb. I think there's something almost poetic about it. I love the end note, especially :-)

Mikey said...

Dang that last picture is so pretty. SO green!

Bush Babe said...

Am really enjoying your pic stories Deb... and laughing at your reading glasses tale. How's that tally going?? Specially love the pics of truck and road... I always imagine you thinking of your posts as you drive from one job to the next...
:-)
BB

Barry said...

I also thought it was a beautiful post. Discouraging news about cancer though. I also thought there would come a time when I could put cancer behind me.

Oh well.

Kelly said...

Loved this post! My favorite picture is the first one. I like the gray sky with the barn and silo framing the bottom portion.

You're making me want to do more "photo story" entries!

WhiteStone said...

I agree with you that it is a beautiful trip. I have no idea where my road (ovarian cancer) will take me but in spite of the bumps, I am grateful each day that we found it now and not later. And I am grateful to God for each day in front of me.

Lemonade Maker said...

I've been reading your blog the last few days. I was going to wait to post a response until I got caught up, but that last picture took my breath away. One of my favorite sayings is "The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you refuse to take the turn."

Your story is inspiring. Thank you for sharing it!