Saturday, April 4, 2009

Seasons

Yesterday, when I was uploading the pictures to show you how I make pepperoni rolls, somehow, I ended up downloading our whole picture card. It was interesting going through the some of the pictures of our year. I realized just what a big year this has been for us. Birthdays.Hard work and home renovations.

Children heading off in new directions.

Senior prom. A wedding. Graduation.Fourth of July.Family celebrations

There were homecomings.Departures.Breaking bread with family.Hot sweaty summer days.Cooling rain.Cheering with friends.College.
I realized that there were no pictures of autumn.
We were preoccupied.
But winter came anyway.
And Christmas...I celebrated the end of chemo...by going to the small townto a small houseto spend time with my boy

Cancer was a surprise.
I lost a season.
Sometimes people lose a lot more.
I've got a lot to be thankful for.



11 comments:

Kelly said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your "year in pictures"!

Your last statement kinda blew me away...

Lydia said...

Thanks for the review of your year. It certainly gives perspective to life.

In this new post-divorce segment of my life I have been reflecting as well, and appreciate that you have gratitude in the face of adversity. Thanks. There really is much to be thankful for.

quid said...

What a wonderful recap of the year. I think about what you've gained, not lost. So much comes with the sorrowful side of life... so much of life goes on while sorrow shadows it.

Thanks for sharing, Debby....

Bush Babe said...

Great overview... must give you a good feeling to see how much was achieved despite the big 'time out' in the midst of it all.

We're just thankful for knowing you... and learning once again how to find those silver linings to our 'clouds'.
:-)
BB

Hal Johnson said...

Wow.

Alison said...

Losing a season just means the next one will be twice as fabulous :-)
You rock Deb.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing Debby.I sat here looking at pictures and started to cry from the realization that most of last year was lost to me.We started with the cancer diagnosis in August.The rest of the year was just a constant turmoil. And I did not even take any pictures, at least very few.If I had it to do over,I would take lots of pictures!I consider you very brave.And you have a lovely family too! Best wishes. Doris

MuseSwings said...

We have a lpt to be thankful for too! Thanks for stickin' around dear friend!
Love the year in pictures. We'll just envision autumn however we want. I'm seeing you making apple cider and cinnamon donuts. Yum!

Debby said...

Yes, we do have much to be thankful for, all of us. I think that dealing with the turmoil of cancer makes us all very brave, Doris, including you! Lydia, divorce and it's aftermath is an awfully depressing time. Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. If you don't have that in your life, e-mail me. Everybody else, thanks. It was an eyeopener to me to realize just how much happened last year that didn't revolve around cancer. It brought the beast back into perspective for me.

Scotty said...

What a great collage of pictures, Debby - thanks for sharing your year.

Pam said...

This was simply amazing, Debby!! I loved seeing the snapshots of your year.

Perspective is truly a wonderful thing!