Monday, April 6, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho...

It's early morning, not yet 5. I'm going to work today. I'm starting at 6 so that I can work my radiation treatments in to the schedule without losing time.
Blue jeans, check.
Flannel shirt layered over a tee, check.
Work socks, trusty Carolina work boots. Check.
On the surface of it, it seems normal. "I'm getting ready for work..." but I have not done this since October. It is time though. This fall the focus became cancer. Nothing but. Winter came, and although my focus was still cancer, there were the holidays, and family. I learned to enjoy life while I dealt with chemo. That was a triumph in and of itself. Life goes on, and we all live till we die. When chemo was done, as I felt better and better, I was able to step back into the mainstream of life. I began to feel productive again. Another triumph. Today I will go back to work. I will fully assume my new life. I feel different though. I'm not the same woman who left in October. I'm not sure what it is exactly. I haven't put my finger on it. I can only tell you that I am not the same. Maybe I'm a better woman than I was in October. We shall see.

13 comments:

Alison said...

Have a fantastic day, Deb.
You deserve it!

Bush Babe said...

Better, maybe. Wiser, for sure.
Nice to be able to look forward to work like this. With fresh eyes and a willing heart. Enjoy your day's labour!
:-)
BB

Bush Babe said...

Better, maybe. Wiser, for sure.
Nice to be able to look forward to work like this. With fresh eyes and a willing heart. Enjoy your day's labour!
:-)
BB

Bush Babe said...

Better, maybe. Wiser, for sure.
Nice to be able to look forward to work like this. With fresh eyes and a willing heart. Enjoy your day's labour!
:-)
BB

Bush Babe said...

I swear I did not publish three time!!!
*hand on heart*

Anonymous said...

Maybe you just meant it that much BB. Have a lovely day Deb. Barb

Hal Johnson said...

BB was just speaking for all of us. :)

Mary Paddock said...

Have a great day, Deb!

Karen said...

Yea, what BB said and said and said. :P

Kelly said...

Hope the day went well. (and BB's triple post had me smiling)

Lydia said...

Hope your day went well. So glad that you are getting back into your old life again, but definitely with a wider angle lens on your view.

Be blessed today!

quid said...

I hope it was wonderful. I'm sure it started out feeling like you were a stranger in a strange land. Then when everyone started treating you like "normal" instead of with kid gloves and awkward phrases, it probably felt like same old same old. Only, you're "same new".

quid

PaintedPromise said...

so how'd it go? work????? you haven't said anything since getting ready to go there...

inquiring minds want to know!