Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Week!

I ripped out the lining for my ornamental pool (which hasn't been, up to this point anyways) much of an ornament. I am replacing it with a super duper heavy duty tub. I planted six evergreens. Work has been great. The weather has been beautiful, and I am already turning my regular summer brown. The dogwood is in bloom. I found a glade of white violets. I just wanted to fall face first into them and breathe. I crossed paths with my very favorite client today, and he was as glad to see me as I was to see him. I walked until I was exhausted. I got rained on. Repeatedly. I saved a robin today. I was waiting for a truck to arrive, and got sidetracked by some flowers alongside an abandoned house. I dug some up and put them in my lunch box. I heard a fluttering noise behind me and turned around to see a robin trapped inside the garage. I've got no idea how he got himself in there, but the door was unlocked, so I pushed it open and went in. He was so weak that I was able to pick him up and carry him outside. He revived in the breeze and flew away. I'm having a great week. I can hardly believe it is only Tuesday.

6 comments:

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

It sounds like you had a great day.It sounded sweet. I'm kinda jealous. I'm so glad you are able to get out there and work again. You are a great writer. I have missed you in my little absence.

Mary Paddock said...

What a terrific day! :)

Bush Babe said...

Ahhhhh... I revel and bask in your great week. Fairly rolling around in it actually. Who needs a camera when they have your words to paint an image for them?

Thanks Deb.
:-)
BB

quid said...

Living in the moment again, Debby... I'm so glad.

quid

The Factory said...

Lovely. Keep it up !

PaintedPromise said...

WAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

you sure do make me smile!!!