Wednesday, March 25, 2009

*sigh*

As most of you know, I've been anxious to have my hair back, my eyebrows back, my eyelashes back. It's going to take a while. I can see the hair on my head. There is the faintest shadow where my eyebrows used to be. Can't see hide nor hair (no pun intended...) of my eyelashes. I'm trying to be patient. After all, a lot of the puffiness from my face is gone. That's a plus. Here's the thing, though. I have a May birthday, and I have to get my driver's license renewed by the end of the month. This means a new picture. I tried to see if it could be delayed by a couple months. I pointed out that I don't look like myself at all. However, rules are rules, and so I must have a new driver's license made by May 31st, dammit, so I've been peering at myself in the mirror, getting kind of anxious about the whole thing, praying, really praying, for hair. I should have been more specific, I suppose. My prayers were answered. Sort of. I shaved my legs last week. I noticed today that my legs are stubbly again. I'm trying to be positive about this, but as I told my sister, evidently my hair is growing in from the bottom up. This means my eyebrows aren't next.

Just saying.

14 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh dear. I haven't got anything, other than heartfelt prayers and wishes for eyebrows.

If you went and bought a stupidly expensive eyebrow pencil? Would that encourage it?

Kelly said...

Hmm... now that's a dilemma! I wouldn't think they would want you to have your picture made right now considering it won't look like you will even two months down the road.

Be positive. Maybe you'll have a growth spurt (of hair, that is...) over the next month.

jeanie said...

Can't you slip the DMV a twenty for a little photoshopping?

Debby said...

I'm not artistic. I am afraid that if I tried to use an eyebrow pencil, I'd end up looking even worse. Kelly, let's be specific here: a growth spurt of hair ON MY HEAD! Jeanie, dear, you obviously have not met the lady at the DMV. It is not going to happen.

Mary Paddock said...

Who's going to know if you show up wearing a wig?

Also--and I'm serious here--why don't you consider having a make up artist do up your face for the occasion?

And if that won't work, then comfort yourself with this--license photos almost always look terrible anyway. My last one looked like a mug shot. :)

Anonymous said...

If you get your drivers license in May and then they get "lost" when you are ready for a new picture just go back in and tell them you need a new one.

Lavinia said...

Maybe you can borrow a wig for the ocassion, in a style that you'll be sporting once your hair has grown all back in. Silly of them not to consider extending the date....

steviewren said...

I'm laughing out loud! Ask if the end with the hair can be photographed instead!

Debby said...

Stevie, you are the only one who saw that this was supposed to be hilarious. I looked at my hairy legs and laughed until I cried. Oh my gosh, life is just funny like that.

steviewren said...

Debby, I loved your comment "my hair is growing in from the bottom up. This means my eyebrows aren't next." Yes, you've definitely found the humor in this situation. ROTFLMAO

Caroline said...

Oh, I would definitely ask at the DMV and see if you can go back in a few months for a new picture - once your hair grows in. I am sure they would be understanding. In the meantime, sending positive hair growing thoughts your way.

Redlefty said...

Did the initial hair loss happen from the top-down, or all simultaneously? Cuz that's just weird if it comes back differently than it went away.

Weight loss/gain seems to be the same thing, though. We add and lose in different places in different years.

Debby said...

Interesting question, but the answer makes me unhappy. I cannot tell you when I lost the hair on my legs. It was something that, one day, I was thinking..."Hm. I can't remember the last time I shaved my legs..." But I can tell you that my hair fell out on Thanksgiving, and my eyebrows started becoming less and less. They were gone after New Years. I'd quit using mascara because there were long lashes interspersed by empty places and it simply looked dumb. I can't tell you when they were simply just gone altogether, but I guess that this means my eyebrows and eyelashes will be the last thing in. I'm going to be a little provoked if I get those stray chin hairs back first.

heather said...

There is only one thing to do. Buy a neon purple wig, a huge Easter bonnet, and gigantic gold tipped fake eyelashes. Then you dress up to the nines for your photo!