Monday, March 16, 2009

Routine II

For the first time since Thanksgiving, I packed Tim's lunchbox. This morning, Tim got up to go to work. The sad thing is that he was wide eyed and awake at 3 am, sure that one or the other of our alarms would not go off and that he would be late for his first day of work. The sad thing is that when Tim can't sleep, neither do I. We finally dozed off just before the 5 am alarm went off. I remember thinking, drowsily, "I'll just lay here until he gets out of the shower." The next thing I heard was the car starting up in the driveway. He did not get his good by kiss or a 'good luck'. I feel badly about that.

9 comments:

Hal Johnson said...

Somehow, I expect that Tim understands. After all, your "new routine" isn't routine yet.

steviewren said...

Debby, I was just wondering about your new job. You should be starting that soon shouldn't you? What will you be doing?

Good luck Tim!

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed the day Tim. Good boy for leaving Debby to sleep. I know how it is Deb - same here, one awake is two awake.

Tim knew you needed the sleep Deb.

Barb

Kelly said...

Hope all goes well at the new job today!

I can relate to the not being able to sleep... both on your part AND his!

Pam said...

Got my fingers crossed for him today, Deb.

I ALWAYS sleep soundest JUST before the alarm goes off!

Karen said...

What a wonderful wife you are, packing him a lunch.

Hope you both had a great day.

Debby said...

I almost always pack his lunch. Usually, the night before, unless I'm working too. Then I pack it in the morning, get him off to work and then get ready for work myself.

Seems like his first day of work went okay. Pretty dull, actually. He's on his way home.

Pam, maybe we should set the alarm for midnight. We'd fall asleep right away...

jeanie said...

Oh, its the first day of school all over again!

I am sure the kiss was stolen anyway and understood to be there - and that he liked to see you sleep while he snuck out.

quid said...

Hope he had a great day. Dull, notwithstanding.

quid