Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Radiation

Today I go for the radiation simulation, to make sure that the measurments have been calculated correctly. Tomorrow the actual radiation will begin. 7:45 each morning for the next six weeks. Weekends off for good behavior.

By my calculations, I should be finished with radiation by April 22nd.

The first day I stood outside the cancer center, I simply did not want to go in. I lay in bed the night before my first chemo and dreaded that. I did not want to see that morning come. I guess that I've gotten more matter of fact about the situation, because radiation has simply become what stands between me and the end of treatment.

6 comments:

jeanie said...

Does that mean Tim gets a radiant wife for his birthday?

Cassie said...

Sending good vibes your way today.

Caroline said...

Radiation was much easier than chemo! I actually only had some skin issues and some fatigue. The worst thing was actually going every day - so I laughed at your time off for good behavior on weekends!

Bush Babe said...

Just laughed at Jeanie's comment - then realised that by HER birthday you should well and truly be alight. Hang tight... you are doing brilliantly!!!
:-)

Kelly said...

I think your attitude heading into this final lap is marvelous!

Still praying for you!

Lori said...

I think you have the right attitude there!