Monday, March 30, 2009

News Flash!

I've been able to see the faintest shadowing of eyebrows for a few days now, if I stand under the light and turn my head just right. Yesterday, however, after a shower, I suddenly realized that I can see my eyebrows. They are growing from the outside in, so what is most plainly visible right now is the edges closest to my nose. This gives me an angry look, but they are eyebrows! After months without them, I will take what I can get. My friend Mary says that hers grew back very suddenly. She noticed them, and then within a week or two, she had eyebrows, just like that. I'm hopeful. When I get eyebrows, surely eyelashes can't be far behind. I was thinking about mascara. It has been such a long long time since I've worn it that I probably ought to get a new tube. I think that I should do that today. Just to be prepared.

13 comments:

Kelly said...

Hip Hip Hooray!!! There's definitely hope that everything will be in place in time for the new DL photo!! :)

Hal Johnson said...

Got my fingers crossed for ya, Debby.

Bush Babe said...

That's our girl: be prepared!
*makes Scouts sign*
:-)
BB

Lavinia said...

Great news. You'll be Joan Crawford in no time flat. Well, maybe you don't *want* to be Joan Crawford and I can't says I blame ya!

I say go out and buy that mascara, and while you're at it, pick up a tube or two of new lipstick and matching nail polish. GO the whole hog!

Debby said...

Laviniaaaaaaaaa? Are those wire hangers? ARE THEY?!!!

Debby said...

BB - good heavens! What are you doing posting at that hour? It's what? 2 AM there?

Scotty said...

I can't help but smile at this post, Debby.

jeanie said...

Wow that is fantastic, Deb.

Now to start worrying that they are going to STOP in the right spot, eh?

Lydia said...

Woot!

Mary Paddock said...

Hurray!

Caroline said...

Yippee! go get some new mascara... What about a manicure as well?

Lavinia said...

Debby, that's what I get for drinking coca cola in the evening! If only I'd applied that energy to mopping my kitchen floor instead of blogging!!

PaintedPromise said...

hey if you find a brand of mascara where the little plastic insert in the neck, you know the piece that is supposed to strip the excess mascara off the brush, if you find a brand where that little plastic piece does NOT stick in the lid after the first two days, leaving the brush to come out without being stripped and leave big clumps all over the lashes... well if you find a brand like that, PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!! i have NEVER EVER had a mascara that didn't do that sometime in the first week AAARRRGGGHHH