Monday, March 2, 2009

Emotional...again.

You know, maybe I'm getting excited over nothing. I got kind of emotional when I felt the first growth of my hair, although I could not see it. I got even more emotional when I stood before the mirror and saw the silvery shimmer across my head. Tonight, I was brushing my teeth, and I could see a faint darkness where my eyebrows used to be. I start getting emotional all over again. I find myself wondering how long it will be before my eyelashes grow back. I miss having eyelashes. Oh, how I miss mascara. As sappy as I am lately, the first time that I am able to put on mascara, I'll probably cry it all off almost immediately.

12 comments:

Redlefty said...

Cool, the smeared mascara would create a kind of goth look. Probably rare in your area but go for it.

Danielle Michelle said...

Yeah!!!!

Scotty said...

You've earned the right to be emotional; run with it.

Hal Johnson said...

What Scotty said!

Roland said...

:)

Bob said...

Of course you have earned it! Cry those pretty little eyes out!

steviewren said...

I'd cry about that too! I'm so happy this painful time is truly coming to an end.

jeanie said...

Deb, I cry when you write about it!! They are all wonderful milestones to reach for.

Bush Babe said...

Gosh... even though I KNOW you have lost your hair and everything, in my mind's eye you are the same as your photo here on the left. Is it wrong to want to see you, bald and beautiful? I'm sure you don't feel like it, but I bet you look incredible... it's the photographer in me...

Joyous hugs for the hairs' return!!
BB
:-)

Anonymous said...

"Spring" is happening on your body. New growth, new season.....I'm so happy for you!

-Lavinia

MuseSwings said...

Just the other day I was just wondering if your hair had decided to make an appearance - and here you are with the good news! Get the mascara ready - you'll be needing it in no time. Oh happy day!

PaintedPromise said...

oh how i understand the mascara thing... since that IS my makeup kit (and nothing else...), i would miss it terribly!

you just holler if you want someone to cry with you honey... i'll be happy to add my mascara to the watershed!!!