Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Go in Peace

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it" - William Durant
*******************
Sometimes to move on, you must take a good hard look at your life and figure out what holds you frozen and immobile. You must make a conscious decision to step away from the chaos, to refuse to be bogged down any longer. It is not an act of hate. It is a simple acknowlegement that you wish to head in a different direction.
*******************
It is a time for me to consider my life.
To cherish my husband.
To nurture my children.
To immerse myself in the joy of friends.
To think on God.
To pray.
Right at this time, I am called to judge myself.
When it is over, mom is right.
God will be my judge.
*********************
I'm looking for peace in my life, and I am finding it.
Wish me well.
For those who are headed another way,
go in peace.
I wish you well.

10 comments:

A Novel Woman said...

Eggzactly! I do wish you well.

Peace, health and happiness.

steviewren said...

Sounds like you know where to concentrate your energy! You are so lucky to have a good life and a good husband and children to share it with.

Thanks for the nice things you said over on my blog. I appre-she-gate-it!

Portia said...

Those are wise words indeed. You always have a way of writing insightful things that make me think and reflect on my own life. Being dragged down by negative feelings and self doubt can be debilitating. Thank you for the reminder that change can set you free.

Bush Babe said...

Positive energy is exactly what is required now Deb... I couldn't agree more. As usual, you put it well. Step away from the chaos and feel the peace.

Hugs
BB

Katrina said...

Wishing you well. Those were wonderful words... i can really relate to them.

thank you for stopping by the other day and for your kind comments.

I like antique furniture and very old books as well! I find they add so much richness and warmth to a home, don't they. :o)

Dave said...

I also wish you well Debbie. Try to stay that positive! - Dave

Lavinia said...

I come in peace to your blog. My comments on steviewren's site about your 'sticky' glue stick notwithstanding!!

Debby, I have heard that cancer does this sort of thing to people. If only those without cancer would do this exact same thing, what a very different world it would be. My best to you!!

Pam said...

This is beautiful, Deb!!!! Simply beautiful!!!

Kelly said...

I've been praying for you a lot lately and yes, I do wish you well!

quid said...

I wish you well, Deb. "Knowing" you has been a positive force in my life. I'm pretty sure most people who "meet" you feel that way.