Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February

There are three nice things about flipping the page on the calendar.
The first is that I get to see a new picture of Australia. Thanks to Bush Babe, I am looking at a very nice sunset on South Molle Island for the entire month of February.
The second is that January is done. January has been a snowy, cold, miserable month. February is one month closer to spring.
The third is that, for the first time, I can glance at the calendar and see the day of my final chemo. February 19th is that day, if everything stays on schedule. I keep trying to think of some profound words, or some funny words, any words actually, and I can't. There are no words to tell you just how glad I am to see this all coming to an end.

9 comments:

Bush Babe said...

Party at Deb's place - lock it in people!!!
Glad you're liking the calendar...
*hugs*
BB

Kelly said...

Hang in there... it'll be here before you know it!

I'm keeping you in my prayers.

PaintedPromise said...

woo hoo February 19th!!!!! but let's bring the party here to AZ because i think it will still be too cold where Deb is! hey Deb, ROAD TRIP :)

jeanie said...

Definitely cause for celebration - it is called seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - or rather, seeing the date on the page of the calendar!!

Scotty said...

A date to look forward to, indeed, Debby. I've marked it my calendar as well and since I'm not working that day, I'll crack open a nice bottle of red and raise a glass to you.

:-)

Lavinia said...

You continue to be lodged in my prayers. January? Good riddance. February 19 will be a red letter day!

Cimba7200 said...

Very best wishes for concluding your treatment Debbie, and for its success. - Dave

quid said...

Hurray! I'm going to be suffering through a deposition that day, and I'll try to keep positive by thinking of your milestone. It was 27 degrees in Florida this morning (most of us don't own jackets and socks) and my February calendar treat is the lighthouse at Inisheer, Ireland.

quid

Pam said...

You were in my thoughts today, Deb.