Friday, January 30, 2009

Sickening

This cannot be for real.
(dabagirls = dating a banker anonymous)
I almost feel better about those $18 bn in bonuses we paid out.
NOT!
***********
I heard some insipid reporter on MSNBC asking "Listen, is it fair to be angry at the Wall Street executives for simply taking advantage of the banquet that has been set out on the table for them?" My response: "Well, yes, actually!" I was under the impression that the bailout was to save the banks, to preserve our tattered economy, not to enrich people who are already living a lifestyle beyond what most Americans can even imagine.
***********
This whole economic crisis just makes me sick. It is not getting better.

8 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

That was--umm--interesting? I'm finding it hard to be sympathetic to someone who's biggest problem is having to cut down on their facials.

Rhubarb Whine said...

Words fail me. I want to throw things!

steviewren said...

I read posts on both blogs and they both read like hoaxes to me. I googled both and I'm not alone with that thought.

MuseSwings said...

Toy stores and distributers were supposed to have all lead filled and painted toys off their shelves by February 09- the government has just given them a - get this - 1 YEAR extension. That's about enough time to kill off an entire generation. Hmmm - is that actually a move to help out the economy? I wonder who paid who how much to get the extension?? I smell a lead rat.

soulbrush said...

'plastic' people are just too annoying for words...sigh...

quid said...

The DABA blog was unbelievable. I hope it is a hoax... if not, I feel so bad for people who have to cut down their visits to Milan to less than 4 per year.

Hopefully, McCaskill's compensation cap legislation, for those institutions that accepted TARP money will pass in some form. I also like the fact that there is talk of "Clawback" legislation.. where some of the money would be taken back from bonuses paid. The average American has to see some justice and sense of fairness at somepoint. Sometime. Somehow.

quid

jeanie said...

Oh my Debby - that site has to be a hoax - it is far too funny to be taken seriously - SERIOUSLY!!!!

Anonymous said...

If you think that site is sick, check this out. http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/sweet_16/episode/episode.jhtml?episodeId=135451#bio There are almost 70 stories exactly like this one. The girl got two cars, a jet ski, $2000 shopping money, and she still found reasons to be upset...