Thursday, January 22, 2009

The End is Near

After this day, I will only have two more chemos to go. I am looking forward to the end of this. I should be grateful for the miracle drugs, but after nearly three months of this, I'm just weary. Just tired of the endless shots and bloodwork. The worry. Feeling bad. Feeling better. Pains. Tired. I just want to be done with this. I want to be me again.
I feel childish.
*stamps foot, shrieks, 'But I want this to be over NOW'*
I am an adult however. I'm concerned over the consequences of this second half of chemo, but those concerns go on the back burner, as I set to getting ready for chemo. I don't want to go, so I'm procrastinating
(So what do you think about those Steelers?!!!!!),
but I will finish my coffee and get off my duff and get ready to go, because that is what adults do, and I will remember that after this, I will only have two more to go.

6 comments:

Bush Babe said...

The countdown is ON!! Did you work out a good reward for yourself at the finish line??

I'd be stamping my foot big time, with all you have had to endure. Stamp away, Deb! Well rub your feet (well, metaphorically anyway) when you are done!

Hugs
BB

Portia said...

It's so understandable that you feel as you do. I'm praying for you today.

I love the Steelers and hope they win the Super Bowl. Living in Michigan with with the Detroit Lions as the home team has been a disappointment this year. Bruce Springsteen doing the half time show is just awesome.

Sending positive vibes your way.

MuseSwings said...

Two to go!!! The last ones can be the hardest because you're so close to the finish line and JUST WANT IT TO BE OVER! So yeah - stamp your foot. I'll even stamp mine for you! Hugs Debby!

steviewren said...

Yea! Debby we should have a huge celebration when you are all done!

rhubarbwhine said...

Grownups can stam thir feet and shreik too. And they do. Counting down with you, Debby.

Debby said...

After chemo, I have thought that I would like to leave my house and go visit Dylan for the weekend. I know that he feels very 'out of the loop' and has this notion that he is not being told everything. I've not had time alone with my boy for a while, and I think that it will make good memories. It just seems like forever since I've gone anywhere by myself.