Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Conversation

So the kids and Tim and I were sitting around the table reminiscing. Dylan was marveling over what a good boy he had been. just the best kid ever. I reminded him of the time that I saw a Camaro tearing out of the country club (where he worked) to do a donut down the road in a deserted grocery store parking lot.
Having failed to notice his mother two cars back.
Dylan grinned a little, and tells me, 'if you knew half the stuff I did in that car...' I stared right back, and said, 'Stop talking, son. I remember the time I went with you to help you find the Employment Center in Jamestown. You were in there for quite a while, so I cleaned out that car. I found handfuls of change on the floor of the back seat, so I went to put them in your change holder, and found a box of condoms.'
Dylan: 'You should have been proud of my responsibility...'
even as Cara made gagging sounds.
'In this family,' she proclaimed, 'none of us have had sex.
Even Mom and Tim.'

6 comments:

Stuart Peel said...

Quite right Cara, and the same applies to my family too.

Mikey said...

Lol!!! No sex, EVER!

Bush Babe said...

Cracking me up... kids!!! Do they ever grow up??

rhubarbwhine said...

Oh, I have this to look forward to, don't I?

Happy New Year to a special lady... xx

Portia said...

They all do stuff we don't want to know about. Just seems like some are better at not getting caught.

PaintedPromise said...

{hands over ears chanting lalalalalalala!!}