Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote

If you're American, I hope that you're voting today. We are doing that as soon as the polls open up at 7, and then the country bumpkins are headed to the big city of Pittsburgh. We are armed with our MapQuest directions. Mary and Danny strongly urged us to take their Tomtom. "I don't know," I said doubtfully. "Are they complicated to use?" Mary said, "No. I can use it." I meant no offense when I blurted, "We should be able to figure it out then." Really. You shouldn't try to be my friend if you've got low self esteem. I will only make the matter worse. It's probably a wonder I have friends at all.
**************************
Oh. And Stu? Don't forget my prediction: Landslide, early concession.

8 comments:

Hal Johnson said...

This election has been an amazing journey. For the first time in twenty years, I'm voting for a major party candidate.

RedWifey said...

Praying for clarity about directions, diagnosis, and voting (for all Americans).

May you be blessed today!

Redlefty said...

Hey debby, I'm with you on the prediction. RedWifey has a bet with me because she thinks it will take a few days to declare a winner.

And since we're happily married, we're eager to see how things turn out so that one of us can say, "Booyah! Told you so! How you like dat!??!"

So the self-esteem thing is important in a lot of places.

Stuart Peel said...

I really hope you´re right Debby. I´ll sleep that much better for it if you are !

Cara said...

Two of my friends hopped in their car and drove all the way to Pittsburgh to vote today.. They made it with an 40 minutes left at the poll.

Stuart Peel said...

Debby, you called it. Nicely done America.

Redlefty said...

So what'd you win, Debby? Prophets need their reward.

Debby said...

Prestige! For a brief shining moment, it looked as if I knew what I was talking about! I told Stu I thought that Obama would carry Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and New York State, giving him an early edge in the electoral votes. Man! Really! I was good!

What did you and Redwifey wager? Hope it adds to your childfree weekend!