Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanks

It has been a very satisfying time in blogdom lately. Bush Babe traveled to Paradise for Jeanie's wedding. I've enjoyed watching Jeanie cope/recoil in horror as the 'wedding express' bore down upon her. That's been good fun. Mikey and Wade caught Sugarfoot, that wild horse, and brought her in. They are now in the process of taming her. That's a cool story line. Stevyn's book got published, and he sent me an oddly-graphed copy. Now he's busily writing a novel in a month. Mr. Peel and I had a grand time dissecting American politics in the days leading up to November 4th. Hal's had some great thoughts on being a dad and being a husband lately. Michael lost his new puppy, and found his new puppy in satisfyingly short order. Mike's back after a 5 month sabbatical (but who's counting, really...). The Brummie came to Arizona. Painted Promise fled Arizona for the safety of grizzly bears and Yellowstone National Park. This was surely a coincidence, but it made me laugh anyways. MuseSwing put forth Dr. West's professional opinions on every darn thing female, and made me laugh harder than any blog to date. On and on they go. Stevie's blog, Lavinia's blog, Scotty's blog, Don's blog, DavidM's blog, Mary's blog, the Pencil Writer's blog, Portia's blog.
Tiny glimpses of the lives of others.
Shirley wrote a recent blog post about 'Voyeurism'. It makes me a cringe a little to think of myself as a voyeur, but really, I have to confess that I love watching people. I sometimes stand outside my own home in the dark, looking at the picture framed by my picture window, wondering what glimpse of my life that people get as they pass by in the night. And I think that it is a home-y sort of picture. Yellow light, plants, the carved back of the leather sofa , people I love. I think it is a picture worth a second look. I am glad for it. I am also glad for the glimpses into your lives. In all the ugliness of the world, and the news of the world, it pleases me to see that good people abound, open generous hearted people living their own lives on their own terms.
Thanks to you all for your blogs.

10 comments:

Scotty said...

You're welcome, thank you, and ditto on the glimpses into your life too.

:-)

MuseSwings said...

Glad to make you laugh during rough times, Debbie! The good Doctor West has a few suggestions for you, but I suggested that he just leave well enough alone. Times have changed and an application of leeches and a bit of laudamum isn't what you need right now. Well maybe the laudamum...
I guess you can count me as a voyeur too - I love people watching activities! Than you for your blog! It certainly fits the title - normally things are the other way around, but your "adventures" lately..wow.. life's funny like that, isn't it?

Portia said...

Debby, I'm back with a story to tell, which I'll blog about soon. Thanks for checking on me, I appreciated it. -Portia

jeanie said...

I don't think blog watching comes into voyeurism territory, though, as you are invited in to take part in people's journeys.

I love that I can now be reading a book or watching something or come across something on the net, and it will tickle me or surprise me or upset me or whatever - and I immediately have a few other "friends" who I KNOW will appreciate.

Bush Babe said...

Thanks Deb... you know it gives me a kick to hear your reactions to the little snippets of our lives.

Agree with Jeanie (and that doesn't happen all the time!) about the voyeurism. Everyone is invited when you have a blog... it's pretty much understood.

And thanks for sharing your life too - even if what you are sharing isn't exactly what you had in mind when you started!!! You may not feel uplifting at the moment, but we all feel part of your important journey.

Hugs!!!
BB

Lavinia said...

Thank you. Sharing a bit of our lives with each other...isn't the internet great...?

Nana Trish is Living the Dream said...

I really always enjoy your posts. I traveled over to Italy today and had such fun. Isn't this bloggyland great? I pray you have a super week. luv ya, Trish

rhubarbwhine said...

Gosh your post today makes me realise how much we have intertwined lives in blogland. I do hope my voyuer post did not disturb you :)

Pencil Writer said...

What a big, wide wonderful world we have and so many friends through the medium so oft mentioned above. Just think, if not for blogging, most of us would no nothing of each others lives, fun facts, hard facts, beautiful pictures--both photos and prose. Yep, it's a wonderful life. Debby, thank you for sharing and for 'Life's Funny Like That' being a place we can hang out together.

Hope each day is a little better than the one before. Smiles and hugs.

steviewren said...

Before I started blogging myself, I told my kids I was a blog stalker, because there were certain blogs that I had become addicted to reading everyday. But not because I am a weird person, but because I think people are fascinating, especially people who are different than me. It's kind of like watching a bunch of movies or reading a lot of personal essays everyday.