Friday, November 21, 2008

Feel Better

It's going to be a quiet weekend here. We are having getting a major snow event. By tomorrow at 6, we are suppose to have 1 - 2 feet of snow on top of what we already have. I'm also at low ebb, and so weekend company has been canceled. Cara cannot come home anyways. Sleeplessness is becoming a real problem. I was tired yesterday. When I'm tired, I get emotional. Dylan called, and I'm ashamed to say that I cried. Everything hurts more. After several days of sleeplessness, I was not fit to be around. Yesterday, exhausted, I finally gave up the fight and laid down for an afternoon nap. Lo. I slept. I slept hard, and I woke up feeling better. So I took another nap. I woke up, got a container of soup out of the freezer for Tim's supper and laid down again. I took a two hour nap on the couch. I missed a phone call from Korea. Slept right through Tim's conversation with Stacey. I was exhausted. I went to bed at nine, slept until 4. Soundly. I feel so much better, words cannot even begin to say.
**********************
It strikes me that again that in the midst of the best treatment that modern medicine can pull out of their bag of tricks, what is going to make the difference in the end is the old fashioned common sense things. Like sleep.

3 comments:

Bush Babe said...

This is great news Deb!
Did my link to Angry do the trick??
:-)
BB

Pencil Writer said...

Often restorative sleep is an essential to health improvement. Keep your steps going forward--even when they're maybe walking through your dreams.

Lavinia said...

Sleep sleep and more sleep. Very good RX. Debby, please don't be ashamed of crying. It's only natural, it's only human. It can actually be a good release, too. I pray for your strength to get through this...