Thursday, October 23, 2008

Redlefty Asks

Comment from Redlefty after the last post:
"I like how you're taking advantage of the seasons.
Any "God" moments lately?"
***************************
Answer: Yes, Redlefty, oh yes. In this time of uncertainty, what I am learning is to step out, each day, expecting that His Grace will be sufficient, and, each day, I find that it is. I've also found that you don't need words when you pray. I've also found that being ministered to is just as faith-growing as ministering to others. The seasons are one of many blessings, and I am mindful of all of them. I find my heart rejoicing in small, bright sparks of joy. My dream continues to explain things to me, to make them clear.
I'm reading a book that Mary gave me, written by David Jeremiah. A minister diagnosed with cancer refers to it as 'a disruptive moment'. But he also goes on to list three products of a disruptive moment. They are: more power (2 Corinthians 12:7-10), more holiness (Hebrew 12:5-11), and more fruit (John 15: 1-8). This was a galvanizing moment for me, because coming hand in hand with turning 50 has been a powerful desire to be a more Godly presence in this world, to bring about positive change, to do good. I realized that the by-products of the so-called 'disruptive moment' were exactly what I'd been praying for in my own life. The astonishment of that realization was akin to being struck by lightning, not much different at all, as a matter of fact, to being struck with the powerful knowledge that God exists, which happened to me when I was 29, a full 21 years ago, when I did not believe, but found myself face to face with The Truth.
*******************
What I feel, Redlefty, is that I am on a path. This is part of a journey. Scary? Oh, hell, yeah. But a journey has a beginning. It also has an end. I am just stepping out, and I know for certain that my steps are guided, and the outcome sure, and that in the end, I will be better for it. Tim will be better for it. My children. My family unit. My friends. I am mindful to share the blessings with everyone, whether they believe in God or not. The blessings of this journey are for everyone who wants to tap into them, my friend.
*********************
Redlefty asks, 'Any "God" moments, lately?'
My response? 'All of them.'
Thanks for asking.

4 comments:

Redlefty said...

Awesome -- thanks for sharing it.

I'd still like to sic you on Darfur, too. Last week I watched God Grew Tired of Us and was struck anew by the massive tragedy of Sudan.

Pencil Writer said...

Great answer. Keep the faith. The blessings continue to flow.

Portia said...

What a great post!

I have a sign in my sewing room that says "Make time for the quiet moments as God whispers and the world is loud."

Your writing gave me my quiet moment today and food for thought that I really needed.

Your post was one of my blessings today.

Bob said...

Reading this early in the morning, thanking God for so many blessings and your reminder. Thanks so much. Still pulling for you.