Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back to Normal

We went to the new house today. It just needs some cosmetic repair work done, updating things. It should be ready to go in a couple weeks. I cleaned cupboards, wiped down walls for repainting, scrubbed. Tim painted, began a list of leaky faucets, things that need bought: lightbulbs, furnace filters, batteries for the smoke alarms, etc. I listened to the radio while I scrubbed, and from time to time added an item to Tim's list. It was a pleasant day, blessedly normal. I have a very nice life, and today, I got a glimpse of it once again.
*********************
Tim tried so hard to stick to his routines. Today, I better understood why. Next week starts another round of challenges, but today it was business as usual, and it felt great.

7 comments:

MuseSwings said...

It's nice to find normal days in the middle of chaos. Glad you both had a pleasant busy day!

Scotty said...

batteries for the smoke alarms - music to my ears, Debby. It still scares me that so many people overlook this too often.

Glad to hear of your great feelings for a normal day.

:-)

Doris said...

Clean bone scan...so important..Best wishes for many more ...We..hubby and I are fighting his lung cancer now and wishing you the best .

jeanie said...

Oh Deb - those days of "normal" are so wondrous when so much of the ab is chucked at us - here is to as normal as possible, hey?

Lavinia said...

In the midst of turmoil and upheaval, "business as usual" can be downright heavenly!

Pencil Writer said...

Normal is nice. Very nice. Now, how is Tim and how are you after the surgery? Back to normal? Hope it happens for both of you soon. Prayers and hugs.

steviewren said...

I'm thinking of you and Tim tonight. I hope you are both having a good one.