Tuesday, September 30, 2008

It

'It' is not a cyst. 'It' is solid. 'It' is measured at 3 cm. 'It' cannot be called cancer. 'It' cannot be called benign. The radiologist recommended removal as quickly as possible. Once the biopsy is done, they'll know what to call 'it'. I called Gina to tell her that I was home, and could be reached there. The receptionist answered the phone. I call her a 'rotten woman'. It's a running joke between us. "Hi, you rotten woman, you," I said. "Oh, how are you doing?" she said in a serious tone, very unlike our usual bantering. I knew then that they already had the radiologist's report and recommendation. "It is what it is," I said. She said, "You'll be okay. Do you hear me?" Gina was right there and wanted to talk to me. She got the surgeon's appointment moved up a week.
************************
Mike, over at the 'Ifsofog' wrote "Life is currently happening to me at an unacceptably high rate of speed and with an undesirable intensity." Ditto.

10 comments:

Mary Paddock said...

Debby,

You've been on my mind a lot the last few days. You and your family remain my prayers.

Redlefty said...

Sorry, I'm lost in the timeline there -- was the phone call with the biopsy results or the radiology results?

Thinking about you, debby!

Debby said...

Radiology results. Surgeon's appt. moved up to October 2nd.

jeanie said...

I do hope that "it" will leave with as little fuss as possible. Thoughts are with you for tomorrow.

Stuart Peel said...

Thinking of you in Spain.

Scotty said...

Thinking of you from from across the pond, Debby.

rhubarbwhine said...

I't October 2 here TOMORROW, I wish the time would pass speedily for you and you could just blink your eyes and all this will be over and feel like a bad dream that fades quickly into morning sunshine.

Thinking of you, and sending vibes around the globe. xx

Hal Johnson said...

Thinking of you from Cajun land, Debby.

steviewren said...

Debby, I'm praying. I'm glad the appointment was moved up. I'm sending you another hug. I wish I had something better to say, but I don't. I care. I'm praying.

PaintedPromise said...

ok just finding all this out today so it's tomorrow... you will be on my mind and my heart! and in my prayers...