Friday, August 22, 2008

Tagged

The Brummie has said that I'm it, so here goes:



My uncle once: served under George Patton, and hated him.

Never in my life: have I felt that I was smart, even though people tell me that I am.

When I was five: I came home to find my mother crying while ironing and watching President Kennedy's funeral procession.

High School was: a place that I did not fit.

I will never forget: when Tim told me that he was supposed to be 'my rock.'

Once I met: Carol Burnett

There's this girl I know: who is so afraid to take a stand, to offer an opinion, to get involved in the most minor controversy, that she almost seems not to exist at all.

Once, at a bar: I have not been to a bar in years. Once when I was young, there was a very rude waitress at a bar that my friends and I frequented. We left her a tip. We took a glass of water, dropped a penny in it, turned the thing upside down with a coaster on top of it, pulled the coaster out and left. She discovered this as we were getting our coats, and we laughed ourselves silly while she screamed her head off. Now that I am older, I would simply fix her with a cold look and request to speak with the manager immediately.

By noon: my caffeine is wearing off.

Last night: We packed my car with Cara's college stuff.

If only I had: more time with my children.

Next time I go to church, it is my turn to be worship leader.

What worries me most: is the cruelty in the world.

When I turn my head left I see a drop leaf table, the top covered in framed pictures, the shelf filled with books.

When I turn my head right, I see sliding glass doors with a view of my woods.

You know I'm lying when I tell you not to feel bad that your dog was humping my leg.

What I miss about the 80s is the Twin Towers.

If I were a charactor in Shakespeare, I would be something from A Midsummer's Night Dream. I love to laugh.

By this time next year, I will be 52.

A better name for me would be: I don't have an answer for this. I am what I am. I don't spend a lot of time casting around for a better name. Although when Tim calls me 'hon', it suits me just fine.

I have a hard time understanding cheaters.

If I ever go back to school I will have a hard time tolerating the language of my classmates.

You'll know I like you if I tell you so.

If I ever won an award, the first person that I would thank is: Well. I don't expect to win any awards. I guess that I'd probably thank the academy.

Take my advice, people are a mixed bag. If someone doesn't like you, they'll find plenty to criticize. If people do like you, they'll find plenty to praise. If someone criticizes you endlessly, it is more of a reflection of them than you. Don't take it to heart. Simply move on to people who can see plenty to praise in you. And if you can move on without saying "Kiss my ass" to the negative nellie (or nels) then you're doing very well, my friend.

My ideal breakfast is an 'everything' bagel and two cups of coffee.

A song I love but do not have 100 years by Five for Fighting.

If you visit my hometown, go to Jake's Rocks.

Why won't people simply 'live and let live'?

If you ever spend the night at my house you probably won't get any sleep, because I'll be asking lots of questions, finding out all about you.

I'd stop my wedding for: Sadly, when Tim and I got married, I was terrified. I would have stopped the wedding for just about anything. 10 years later, it's worked out so nicely that really, I'd like to have another wedding, just so that I could relax and enjoy myself.

The world could do without intolerance.

I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than to deal one more day with bipolar disorder in a loved one.

My favorite blonde is: Jees. I suck at stuff like this. I can't think of anyone. All the fine folks I know tend to be on the gray side....

Paper Clips are more useful than some people I know.

If I do anything well, it's encouraging others. I'm also pretty good at comforting.

I can't help but stand up for the underdog.

I cry over books, movies, children. I cry when I'm happy. I cry when I'm mad. I cry when I'm tired. I cry when life is so rich and full that there are no words. Basically, I'm a menopausal sap. Run. Run for your lives.

My advice to my children is : Don't be afraid to choose. Make sure your choices are wise because you have to live with them, but don't be afraid to make those choices. Life is for living. Work hard, play hard, suck the marrow from life's bones. Yeah. They look at me like I'm nuts too.

And by the way, I cannot throw. When I was in the army, I could throw a grenade very far.
It would go miles into the air, and fall back to the ground ten feet from where I stood. I was deemed a 'hazard', and was not allowed to throw any more grenades. Luckily, I had a MOS that pretty much guaranteed that I would not be called upon to lob grenades.

Okay. Who's next?





2 comments:

Scotty said...

I'm working this weekend, Debby, so I'll put it up on my blog during the week...

Lavinia said...

I love your answers!!!

The paperclip one...made me laugh out loud as I nodded my head vigorously in approval.

The ironing and JFK, the "advice", the crying....what a wonderfully observant, perceptive woman you are....

Very interesting reading.