Monday, August 4, 2008

Morning

You want to know my favorite part of the day? It's early, early in the morning, although I do not consider myself a morning person. I am the only one up. I couldn't sleep, so I came down stairs to have my morning cup, which is actually two cups. I sit down and the computer and hop over to Bush Babe's to see a kangaroo story, and check in with Jeanie to see if her lurgy is any better. Over to Scotty's to find out how his doctor visit went. I travel out to Arizona to see if the heat broke at Mikey's place or Stevie's house, how the puppies are doing at Susan's place, whether the Brummie has run into the dogs that attacked her and her Staff. What's Redlefty thinking about? And isn't it cool that the musician Hal's just discovered has just discovered Hal? By the time that I finish walking with Lavinia, and traveling with the Pencil Writer, and laughing with Shirley, crying with Alison, and sympathizing with Mary, I've finished my coffee. I check to see if Mike's come back to the Ifs of Og, say a quick prayer when I see that he's not. It's still dark as I push away from the computer to pad to the shower in my bare feet. I've done a fair amount of visiting for a woman in a bathrobe.
And so my day begins.

7 comments:

Pencil Writer said...

Wow! All that traveling around the globe and before even getting dressed for the day! (Smiles.)

Hope it's a better day than some of your previous ones. Hope you liked all the pictures of BIG ROCKS that I took thinking of you.

LL said...

Why thank you for walking with me! I am honoured.....

The stillness of early morning is like a tonic, isn't it....

Thanks for your interesting comments on my Sunday walk blog...

jeanie said...

Oh, how sweet - and I didn't even get you a cuppa!!

My morning this morning involves only checking my emails - and Mr Google told me you had been talking about me, so I came by to see you before I go do a real life mingle at a business breakfast.

rhubarbwhine said...

Oh, I am so honoured to be a part of your breakfast table. Thank you! I love how we all eat together, meet and chat, no matter what time of the day it is, or even where we reside.

Fastfingers said...

I love that line: "I've done a fair amount of visiting for a woman in a bathrobe." Never thought of it like that. Amazing how the internet allows you to travel all over the world and peek at other people's lives isn't it.

Redlefty said...

I've been thinking about a whole, whole lot but won't have time to write for at least two more days. But I have time to read! :)

Mary Paddock said...

Thanks for stopping by. You're always welcome over here, regardless of what you're clad in.

Do you have any word on Mike (Ifs of Og) at all? I was only just getting acquainted with him when he disappeared so I haven't felt comfortable with e-mailing him. I do stop by regularly though hoping he'll surface again.